• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whitecap Mountain - Upson Wisconsin

Pat Blake was mentioned in another thread or on Facebook as doing some design work at Whitecap.

First time I've heard of him but just checked out two courses I could find that he designed and the trusted reviewers seemed to like what he's done with land available. Can't wait to see what he can do with Whitecap, there is a ton of potential there.

Also glad that they picked a disc golfer and not some random dude, as often happens.

Thanks for the hint!

Pat was one of the very young designers that worked with Chuck on High Bridge, in the beginning. He's a top notch designer.

Jason Hendrickson would be the other, who has also committed himself to "new" High Bridge, and was the other "young gun"; back in the day. His designs, over the years, also, top notch. See Brickyard, for instance.

Pat was one of the very young designers that worked with Chuck on High Bridge, in the beginning. He's a top notch designer.

Jason Hendrickson would be the other, who has also committed himself to "new" High Bridge, and was the other "young gun"; back in the day. His designs, over the years, also, top notch. See Brickyard, for instance.

I probably should also mention Minnesota player/designer, Timmy Gill as the 3rd "young gun." I have not heard anything in relation to him; regarding "new" High Bridge...

I probably should also mention Minnesota player/designer, Timmy Gill as the 3rd "young gun." I have not heard anything in relation to him; regarding "new" High Bridge...
Timmy was not involved in developing Highbridge beyond running an event or maybe two up there. Bryan "Logger" Lagergren who developed Mont du Lac was the other main course development helper back then doing a significant amount of chainsawing. Chris Woj from Toledo also spent some time working at Highbridge.

Thanks for the clarification Chuck. All the originals now on record. :) (I hauled some brush, along with John Dorn; on the Bear; just prior to Worlds. *I get a tiny asterick!*)

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification Chuck. All the originals now on record. :) (I hauled some brush, along with John Dorn; on the Bear; just prior to Worlds. *I get a tiny asterick!*)
Yes, I remember your efforts to help prep the 7 holes completed on the original Bear just in time for 2007 Worlds along with help from Dorn, Van Lanen and sometimes their kids.

No love

Timmy was not involved in developing Highbridge beyond running an event or maybe two up there. Bryan "Logger" Lagergren who developed Mont du Lac was the other main course development helper back then doing a significant amount of chainsawing. Chris Woj from Toledo also spent some time working at Highbridge.

What am I, chopped liver?

What am I, chopped liver?
That quote was a response to Tallpaul who was talking about the guys who lived at or near Highbridge at the time, not all of our many part time, chain gang contributors visiting from all over Minnesota, Wisconsin and the UP like yourself who helped polish the original Highbridge to get it in tiptop shape for two Mid-Nationals, Pro Worlds and several tourneys. :clap::clap::clap:

Ulgh there's currently a large structural fire taking place on what looks to be the main chalet of the resort.

Hope everyone's ok. Dunno how this will affect future operations, including the disc golf :/

Ulgh there's currently a large structural fire taking place on what looks to be the main chalet of the resort.

Hope everyone's ok. Dunno how this will affect future operations, including the disc golf :/

"On Friday, January 18, 2019, the new build out at the base lodge was destroyed in a fire. We are still up and running. We are currently operating our of our hotel. Lift tickets and reservations are at the hotel front desk in the main lobby. Lifts are running and we are still open for skiing, cross country skiers, snowboarding and snowmobile use. A limited menu and the continental breakfast will be served in the Glass House. We will rebuild and continue to operate. For questions, call our front desk and ask for Summer Whiteeagle or David Dziuban. 715-561-2227. Stay tuned to our social media for updates.

The management and staff of Whitecap Mountains Resort is greatful for and overwhelmed by the outpouring of support we have been receiving. **"

"On Friday, January 18, 2019, the new build out at the base lodge was destroyed in a fire. We are still up and running. We are currently operating our of our hotel. Lift tickets and reservations are at the hotel front desk in the main lobby. Lifts are running and we are still open for skiing, cross country skiers, snowboarding and snowmobile use. A limited menu and the continental breakfast will be served in the Glass House. We will rebuild and continue to operate. For questions, call our front desk and ask for Summer Whiteeagle or David Dziuban. 715-561-2227. Stay tuned to our social media for updates.

The management and staff of Whitecap Mountains Resort is greatful for and overwhelmed by the outpouring of support we have been receiving. **"

Wow, I guess it looked worse than it was, good for them. I hope they're packed for the rest of the season.:thmbup: I will definitely check out the course this spring.

Good to hear. Powderhorn ski hill in Bessemer MI had the same thing happen 7-8 years ago; now that I think about it they continued operations in the other lodge.

If Pat Blake is making it, it will be great. Zobel is an underappreciated course. I only played the wilderness once, but it was a really well designed course. I'm stoked too hear about this new course and HBH being under new management. Maybe Wisconsin can host Worlds again.

Hendrickson is an awesome professional stand up guy. At least - he was in 2006 when he and I worked at Highbridge. I had no idea he was even still playing, much less designing layouts still! I remember when we worked together he was excited to get back to school to keep developing his college's course.