• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who else thinks Will Schusterick has the best form in the world

Will probably has the prettiest form to watch, but for the most part, to play at that top level, I'd say your form is going to be 98-99% there.

Yep. I saw it at USDGC a couple years before he won it. He was having a terrible round, but it was still great form. I told him he would win that tournament some year. Funny part was he and Mcbeth were just high school kids then. Now, they are the best, by far.

I used to admire the form of Nate Doss but after watching Will in videos he is certainly smoother. All of the lanky kids at my course can throw just as far as the beefcakes with less effort.

good vid in the OP

it's really pronounced how much schusterick throws off his heel instead of the ball of his foot

i gave this a good effort but i just can't do it. it's so hard! i know it's the more correct thing to do but it just throws me off balance terribly.

i was lucky enough to land some great form (including throwing off my heel) once this past weekend and i got a new personal distance record but that is only once. i'm far from anything consistant.

kudo's to schusterick's consistant, excellent form

Last edited:
I may get shouted off the Thread, Here

But one of the prettiest throws I've seen, from first step to follow through, is Des Reading.

Yeah, I'm a Dude, so what. Des is buttah. It's all in the follow-thru.

good vid in the OP

it's really pronounced how much schusterick throws off his heel instead of the ball of his foot

i gave this a good effort but i just can't do it. it's so hard! i know it's the more correct thing to do but it just throws me off balance terribly.

i was lucky enough to land some great form (including throwing off my heel) once this past weekend and i got a new personal distance record but that is only once. i'm far from anything consistant.

kudo's to schusterick's consistant, excellent form
Agreed. I have tried the heel thing too, but the best I can do is flat footed and I have to have a slippery enough teepad for that. Do it in the grass and by by acl. Also I think helping with calf flexibility toe flexion wise might help with a heel pivot because I know I have pretty unflexible calves so getting my toes off the ground is even hard. Also, SW22 its interesting that Brinster has the best form, I guess you don't have to look smooth as glass like Will to have good textbook form and body positioning.

It's just my opinion, but Brinster is super smooth, especially in slow mo. There's a good amount of visible wobble on Will's hyzers and he doesn't keep the disc on plane throughout the throw.

Agreed. I have tried the heel thing too, but the best I can do is flat footed and I have to have a slippery enough teepad for that. Do it in the grass and by by acl. Also I think helping with calf flexibility toe flexion wise might help with a heel pivot because I know I have pretty unflexible calves so getting my toes off the ground is even hard. Also, SW22 its interesting that Brinster has the best form, I guess you don't have to look smooth as glass like Will to have good textbook form and body positioning.

Ive had my right knee fully rebuild twice... im 26. I have tried and tried to rotate on my heel but its just too much stress on my knee.

Ive had my right knee fully rebuild twice... im 26. I have tried and tried to rotate on my heel but its just too much stress on my knee.

It's not a rotation or spin. It's a pivot which is worlds different.

What's with all the hate, Nick? First Paige's ace because the hole played downhill and now Brinster? Brinster's been in the game a long time and throws bombs with accuracy and what looks like little to no effort (ever wonder why he's consistently in the final nine in a ton of the DGMonthly videos?). Without great form, none of that would be possible. Just because he's not a bean pole with long limbs, it's not as pronounced.

Since when can someone have flexible calves? Last time I checked, only joints have flexibility.

steve does that hop step thing that lets him throw farther.

will and paul are still best form driving.

i would say beast is putting
brinster upshots....sick shots all day
drives shoestring.

they all are awesome players.

What's with all the hate, Nick? First Paige's ace because the hole played downhill and now Brinster? Brinster's been in the game a long time and throws bombs with accuracy and what looks like little to no effort (ever wonder why he's consistently in the final nine in a ton of the DGMonthly videos?). Without great form, none of that would be possible. Just because he's not a bean pole with long limbs, it's not as pronounced.
In what way did I hate on Brinster? I said that how smooth you look isn't directly related to how smooth you throw, an example being Cale Leiviska who also has great form. Everybody's body is different and won't look the same even if two people have great form (in which both Brinster and Will and Cale have). I honestly don't know how you can take my post in that kind of context when nothing about it was negative. I look up to these pros a lot and would never "hate" on them. Maybe you read my post wrong or something just like everyone else did on Paige Pierce's ace. Maybe if I put a million smiley faces you guys won't take my positive posts negatively.

Since when can someone have flexible calves? Last time I checked, only joints have flexibility.
Meant it like my calf muscles are genetically tight causing me to have bad ankle flexibility. I've gotten severs disease 4 years in a row during football which really limited my mobility and is very painful.

It's not a rotation or spin. It's a pivot which is worlds different.

Yes I understand that... I am a very high level athlete in multiple sports all in which are very hard on knees (downhill mountain bike racing, bowling, baseball). It only takes one time catching my toe on a clump of grass while PIVOTING to reinjure something. I don't play park course and the manicured destination courses. All the courses I play are wooded or rocky. So the pivot on my heel is an added worry to me. Spend 120 thousand dollars on 4 knee surgeries and tell me it doesn't cross your mind.

Latest posts