• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the most discs

How many discs do you have?

• 1-24

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • 25-49

Votes: 50 18.2%
  • 50-74

Votes: 39 14.2%
  • 75-99

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • 100-150

Votes: 38 13.8%
  • 150+

Votes: 100 36.4%

• Total voters
250 and maybe a few that missed getting logged. Looks like I am acquiring discs at a rate of 9.3 per month. I may have a problem.

Between my old man and I we were up to about 2000 as of about 3 years ago, and the ridiculous part is that we had only been playing for just over 4 years at the time. He sold over 1000 of them to get a couple firearms that he wanted and then this last spring we sold about 200 more to get essentially free (!) golf mahal bags for both of us. :)

I think right now he's got around 500 and I have about 200. Still waaaaay too many discs... I mean, I carry 14, and I lose, break, or wear them out at a rate of maybe 2 to 4 a year. At that rate, 200 is basically a lifetime supply. :doh:

Between my old man and I we were up to about 2000 as of about 3 years ago, and the ridiculous part is that we had only been playing for just over 4 years at the time. He sold over 1000 of them to get a couple firearms that he wanted and then this last spring we sold about 200 more to get essentially free (!) golf mahal bags for both of us. :)

I think right now he's got around 500 and I have about 200. Still waaaaay too many discs... I mean, I carry 14, and I lose, break, or wear them out at a rate of maybe 2 to 4 a year. At that rate, 200 is basically a lifetime supply. :doh:

Wasn't your dad the first one on here to reach 1000 positive feedbacks?

Pretty sure he's also one of the two people who drove from SC to VA to deliver my dog to me.

You stopped the poll too low, should have done 150-250, 250-500, 500-1000, 1000+ <-I think I would be near this range although I have sold a few and given away a bunch to kids lately.

come on your talkin to a bunch of nerds here of course were going to have 100 or 200 or 3000

eMX3N4Y.jpg

Wasn't your dad the first one on here to reach 1000 positive feedbacks?

Pretty sure he's also one of the two people who drove from SC to VA to deliver my dog to me.

Yeah man!! His username was Justsayin'. Didn't think anybody would remember the old school. :thmbup:

He probably did help with that, him and my mother do a lot of legs on the dog transport chains.

You guys remember the Nikko post where he was inside a large storage unit FULL of discs, trying to sell some of them. 1000's

This picture from a few years ago...2-3 years back. Nikkos collection in storage.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 9196_541509195878937_1482044984_n.jpg
    9196_541509195878937_1482044984_n.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 97
With all of the new disc companies, I am curious how many of the molds people have are < 3 years old noted in the survey. I ask because I am old, grumpy and not really open to trying new discs as much as others so I have not put a new mold in my bag since the Yeti Aviar was released and before that the last new mold I threw occasionally was the Katanas because they seem like a longer Sidewinder for me. Also curious how many minis people have. I have at least 50 + with most of them coming in players packs at tournaments. I think someone told me a few years back that a pro (possibly Avery Jenkins) has a huge collection of minis but I forget the # (I also have no clue how the person knew this or retained the information). If anyone has old Innova dx or pro Gremlins and old dx Ravens I am interested possibly.

Last edited:
With all of the new disc companies, I am curious how many of the molds people have are < 3 years old noted in the survey. I ask because I am old, grumpy and not really open to trying new discs as much as others...

Most of the discs I buy from the new companies (non Innova) are ones that fly like (Innova) discs that have been around for many years only in a better plastic and/or a flatter dome. I would love a premium disc that flies like the bar-stamp and back DX Wolf.

Innova also seems to have moved away from solid stable to slightly understable, quick dumping/fading molds in favor of forward fade so there's a handful that I bag off and on to fill that gap.

As far as new disc companies go, I haven't jumped on the new bandwagon.
Already have lots of Innova, Discraft, Millennium and Gateway, in that order.
Less of Vibram, MVP and Lat64.
Virtually nothing of Legacy, Prodigy or DD.

Am I missing something? I think not.
Finally figured out a couple years ago that it really is the Indian and not the arrow.
I have a thousand discs and I still suck...

a couple years ago i had TONS and TONS but i pretty much sold off everything.. all i have now is my bag and then a box or two of Legacy discs.. and those are almost all backups .. i stopped collecting.. i just collect backups :)

Latest posts