• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who here hasn't lost a disc ?

Do disc golfers lose discs? Where bears relieve themselves? Do swimmers get wet? Boxers get punched? All similar questions. Foregone/Rhetorical/Inevitable

edit:
the last disc I lost was during doubles play two weeks ago. my partner threw a fairway and barely cleared a pond. he told me the wind was coming over the dam, I was facing a headwind and should disc up. didn't listen and lost a buzzz.

Last edited:
I'm honestly a little baffled how people lose so much plastic. .

Come on up here and play the courses I play. I guarantee your bafflement will disappear as quickly as your discs.:)

My best estimate is about 10-15 discs in 3.5 years. About 8 in the last year in the water at a loong challenging windy course with tons of water everywhere but those were all "water discs" (destiny...) out of my trade box. If you don't count that then I don't remember losing one since I threw my roadrunner in the creek on a 280ft dogleg right hole early last year lol...learned a lesson in disc selection that day. I lost a judge on a short upshot that I ran full speed during doubles on the same hole lol. I also lost a very flippy avengerss that I threw on a high hyzer that flew veery far left into some extreme nastiness. That was all last season. Before that I remember losing an avengerss on a that turned much too far right into an enormous field of tall grass and broadleaf veg. I also lost a pink star teebird that I let roll in anger when I first started playing into a pond. Fond memories.

It really boils down to WHAT courses you play and how many as well as your skill level.

This. For the first few years I played a lot, and I think I only lost 1 disc in that time---and that, by the time-honored method of emptying my bag on a hole, and forgetting where all my throws had landed.

Nowadays I often play a course with about every ingredient for lost discs---lots of water that's much in play, very thick rough, long holes with elevation changes, blind landing areas, and holes that tempt me to empty my bag.

I'm more accurate, throw shorter, play much less, but lose many more.

I've never lost a disc. I knew exactly where they were. I just couldn't get to them.

I've "lost" three because of water, one in a high tree, and one in a backyard.

I guess you could say I left them all behind.

I often play a course with about every ingredient for lost discs---lots of water that's much in play, very thick rough, long holes with elevation changes, blind landing areas, and holes that tempt me to empty my bag.

Yeah I have "left" many a discs as well as lost them lol. Sometimes you just can't find the suckers though like last year I met 2 users on here at a course I play all the time-- guy gave me a new proton volt we did a trade for and on my first throw it hyzers out into some ankle high grass/swamp area short of the circle and 3 of us cant find the damn thing walking around like squirrels looking for a nut'

Then comes in laziness where you don't feel like running down a 200-300 blind fairway and just rip one hoping it will be within sight. Not to mention a disc standing up in tall grass is nearly impossible to find unless you are RIGHT on top of it and even then you need to bend down below the tops and look through the clear root bottom areas. Then there are the stupid insane tree kicks that come up and push your disc into areas you never could have thrown before ... This made up DG "Shule" can be truly ROUGH lol.

Yeah I have "left" many a discs as well as lost them lol. Sometimes you just can't find the suckers though like last year I met 2 users on here at a course I play all the time-- guy gave me a new proton volt we did a trade for and on my first throw it hyzers out into some ankle high grass/swamp area short of the circle and 3 of us cant find the damn thing walking around like squirrels looking for a nut'

I remember that. Bryant Lake. It was you, me, and Craton playing. That was a Volt that I had gotten personally from MikeC when I went on a day trip with JohnnyDepth to play arboretum-spiker with Mike.

I was kind of depressed that you lost it on your first throw. It was a really cool, blue Volt.

I remember that. Bryant Lake. It was you, me, and Craton playing. That was a Volt that I had gotten personally from MikeC when I went on a day trip with JohnnyDepth to play arboretum-spiker with Mike.

I was kind of depressed that you lost it on your first throw. It was a really cool, blue Volt.

:hfive: Damn Bryant... We end up finding all 20+ discs we cleaned out our bags on 17 yet lose one on a 300' n00b hyzer lol.

:hfive: Damn Bryant... We end up finding all 20+ discs we cleaned out our bags on 17 yet lose one on a 300' n00b hyzer lol.

Yeah. I still remember those two casuals that walked up on us emptying our bags and refused to play through so they could watch us throw. That one made me about die of laughter.

lol pretty common around here for whatever reason. You did give them something to sit and ouu awe over though! One of the worst disc retrivals ever was on that hole where I somehow clipped an early tree so it was sitting about halfway down the slope-- I about died getting it back.

For sure a hole that has taken a few of my discs given the wind'

18c9c254.jpg

I didn't lose any at first because I played it safe around water - now, I'm at that horrible place where I think I'm better than I am, and my losses have increased accordingly.

I'll never forget losing my beloved 2011 Memorial Stamp Nuke SS in a tournament...but that's the only disc I actually care to lament. In 5 years playing I've probably lost around 10, and I don't even get out there that often. You're playing it way too safe friend!

Very easy to lose discs in the tall grass of places not mowed. Winds gust on this course worse than any other in the state that I've played and hitting a thin strip of fairway is always a challenge.

a874b673.jpg

I'm one of the least superstitious people you might meet. But my money is on that you lose your entire bag tomorrow :|

I think I went about 5 rounds (5 new courses) before I lost my first disc. I kind of wish I'd have kept track of how many I've lost, it would be a cool stat to know. I'm guessing around 100, maybe higher, about a disc for every 10 courses played.

New courses definitely eat discs. Between Ashleigh and I we're at about 120 discs lost.

Very easy to lose discs in the tall grass of places not mowed. Winds gust on this course worse than any other in the state that I've played and hitting a thin strip of fairway is always a challenge.

a874b673.jpg

That looks like a huge fairway. You should try playing in the woods.