• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is the next star in disc golf?

bblightning

Love to get everyones thoughts on top up and coming amateurs.

Who do you think is THE next star of the PDGA? Who could be the next Ken Climo? Who is someone you view as an awesome dude with the ability to dominate the sport and win world championships?

Anthony Barela is going to be darn good. Heck, he's already good and he's still a teenager.

I personally think Alex Geisinger has all of the tools to win a world championship. Has golf distance that only Simon Lizotte can compete with (consistantly throws 600 ft) and has a great midrange game. His only real downfall on him touring or competing at the highest level is that he has a young son. Doubt he ever tours much. He has his priorities in order.

Eagle McMahon should have a break out season soon. Kid can bomb and putt with the best of them.

I hate to inflate this kids head but, you will get to know the name Austin Turner from Charlotte. Stupid teenager.

Not an amateur but a person i think certainly has a chance to be one of the top players in the world: Andrew Fish. 1016 rated after 2 years of playing the sport and his rating isn't nearly keeping up with his play (his last tournament he shot 1060 1st round followed that with 1073 in the second). Excited to see the rest of his season.

I have played with both Anthony Barela and Eagle McMahon. Both are going to give McBeth and Wysocki a run for their money.

Also, if Joe Rovere ever gets to traveling a bit more, he will make those guys look normal. 3rd at Vibram last year was just a sneek peek.

Not an amateur but a person i think certainly has a chance to be one of the top players in the world: Andrew Fish. 1016 rated after 2 years of playing the sport and his rating isn't nearly keeping up with his play (his last tournament he shot 1060 1st round followed that with 1073 in the second). Excited to see the rest of his season.

I really want to see fish kick some ass this year, got to play on a card with home after shooting a 1000+ round and not only is he a great dude, but a great golfer as well. He could definitely give the top players a run for their money. I predict fish to be top 10 at world's this year with the courses they are playing. You heard it here first.

I second peter mcbride. He plays a lot on the west coast and seems to hold his own in the big tourneys out there and he is young.

I read somewhere he was touring east coast after worlds with someone (feldberg maybe?) so he will get some more exposure and experience. He seems to have endless talent, just needs to put it all together

I would say that an up and coming person could be Chris Shotwell, he had a good first round at the memorial and finished top 20 at the event. That's not bad in my opinion. He even has a higher rating than Barela too

I second peter mcbride. He plays a lot on the west coast and seems to hold his own in the big tourneys out there and he is young.

I read somewhere he was touring east coast after worlds with someone (feldberg maybe?) so he will get some more exposure and experience. He seems to have endless talent, just needs to put it all together

I think you heard it in our Wintertime Open vid if I had to guess. He's actually touring with Steve Rico.