• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is your favorite MPO / FPO player(s)?

Meh, I am not too into having favorite players. I really respect anybody who plays the game at a much higher level and can do things I will never be able to, but they are just disc golfers at the end of the day.

I agree with this....but will add that I seem to truly enjoy watching Dave Feldberg while my son likes Nikko

For MPO it's kind of hard several very good player I like to watch;

Philo, Fledberg, JohnE and McBeth probably are tops, but agin so many great players.

For FPO probably Des Redding and Val Jenkins. The both throw some killer shots.

I think I like watching all of those players because I learn a lot from watching them. I never could understand how to get distance on a BH drive before watching Philo drive, and Feldbergs putting vids have saved me so many strokes.

I use to say Mitch Sonderfan but he really dissapointed me at Sakuna Matata this year by stooping to another, more mercurial, players level in behavior and conduct. Every other time I've seen/played with him he's been an awesome dude.

Aside from that, there are just too many good players to pick a favorite, either male or female. They are all fun to watch, for me, anyway.

Last edited:
Schultz is still one of my favorite players to watch. The USDGC where Schultz and Climo battled it out in playoff holes still is amazing. Both players are just super smooth, and super consistent. It's fun to watch guys like Nikko and the like take crazy, risky shots, but to me it's even more fun to see guys playing 'conservative' with the smart shots, and making it work to score very well.

My two favorite players by far are Schusterick and Pierce. And ofcourse, Mcbeast is always funt o watch.

Being a predominant FH thrower I really enjoy watching Ricky Wysocki on the MPO side. On the FPO side my favorite is probably Paige Pierce.

Meh, I am not too into having favorite players. I really respect anybody who plays the game at a much higher level and can do things I will never be able to, but they are just disc golfers at the end of the day.

I like bananas...yummm

MPO: MJ, Jason Light, Hunter Todd, Brinster
FPO: Paige and Cat

MPO 4: MJ, Barsby, Cale

FPO 4: Cat, Kelsey, Paige

MPM: Champ, Barry, Feldberg (lol)

It's impossible to be a Florida tourney player for the past 4 years and NOT have JohnE McCray at the top of such a list. Pure class act, easy to approach, lovable guy who is playing the game for all the right reasons. He wears the biggest heart right on his sleeve with passion for the game that is incredibly infectious.

We miss you back home JohnE!!!

GG has to be my honorable mention. Another class act FL boy that I always route for.

I don't have a favorite among the ladies. I have a ton of respect for all the ladies in FPO, especially those with player ratings near my own rating (937) or higher. Thats just plain awesome, good for the sport, and I hope we see some make it to 1000 rating someday. I believe it will happen eventually.

As far as overall player I'd have to say JohnE... Never seen someone stay positive and love the game with everything he's got no matter how well the round is going.

But if I could create a dream lead card to watch: Mcbeth, Schusterick, Big Jerm, Lizotte.

FPO: Paige, when her game is on, she's unstoppable!

Simon Lizotte
Ragna Bygde

Edit: Emac, MJ, and Val are honorable mentions

MJ & Sarah Cunningham, just because they've been regular visitors to our modest-payout events at Stoney Hill.

Us Californians would like to have a word with you Florida folk about claiming McBeth. Pretty sure he's from CA.

I have seen Mc Beth at Cliff Stephens park in Clearwater more than a few times, so I guess I just ASSuMEd. Still like him either way.

Latest posts