• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who lives the closest to a disc golf course?

wolito

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
I think it would be so cool to be able to walk out your front door and hit the disc golf course. Think of how many rounds you could get in? I know people have used their zip code to show the closest course, but how many have lived within walking distance? From the front door to the first teepad, in feet, who is the closest?

I know two players (not on this site) who literally live across the street from West Park. You can throw to a basket from the driveway.

I know two players (not on this site) who literally live across the street from West Park. You can throw to a basket from the driveway.

Thats what I am talking about! Anyone else? Also, who has moved to a house/apartment with the main reason that you are so close to a course?

I played with a guy in a tourney on Father's Day who said he used to live about 300 ft from the 18 basket at Idlewild. Not a bad little course to be able to walk out your front door and play when ever you want.

Our very own David Sauls probably wins this. His house is less than 300 feet from either the tee or basket for hole 17(?, possibly re-numbered) at Stoney Hill. Although his brothers house is probably just as close to another hole.

Thats what I am talking about! Anyone else? Also, who has moved to a house/apartment with the main reason that you are so close to a course?

I purchased a house back in 2008 that was...

1) 1 mile away from a train station. (#1 on this list only if you ask my wife ;))
2) In a neighborhood with a good school district.
3) Only a 5 minute drive to one of the few 18 hole disc golf courses in the area. (obviously #1 on my list.)

I've seen some pretty nice homes that backed up to or were across the street from several courses I've played, most recently at Nevin, Pymatuning, Fire Fighters. And Ponds at Lakshore is an entire apartment complex with a decent course right outside hundreds of folks places. I wouldn't make it a priority in buying a home, but it would be nice to live an upshot away from course. :cool:

I hear tell some guy named Bill lives pretty close to a decent course. ;)

Our very own David Sauls probably wins this. His house is less than 300 feet from either the tee or basket for hole 17(?, possibly re-numbered) at Stoney Hill. Although his brothers house is probably just as close to another hole.

This thread should probably disqualify private course owners.

But if not, my house is about 300' from the Hole 1 tee (start of course), 80' from the 17A basket, 40' from the mando defining the 17A fairway (and, hopefull, protecting my windows). Narrowly defeating my brother Chris.

I seem to recall that Stonehenge, the extinct but very nice private course near Nashville, had a tee on the back porch. I wouldn't be surprised if some other private course has a first tee closer than Stoney Hill.

I also once lived only a few hundred feet from the Hole 9 tee at Owens Field. Alas, I lived there in the late 70s the the Owens Field course was built in the late 90s.

More conventionally, I know a longtime player (not on this site) who lives across the street from Crooked Creek, and a casual player who lives across the street from Earlewood, with his front porch overlooking half the course.

My buddy had a private course on his land growing up. One tee was literally his back deck. So he literally could walk out of his back door onto a tee.

my house is next to a course, that is why i bought it. Takes exactly 50 seconds for me to slowly saunter on over to the 9th teepad from my garage side door. From my back yard edge its probably about 120 ft to the 9th tee...

In my last place i was about 600 yards to hole 10 at elver park in Madison. Great day when i discovered the trail that got me there, horrible day when the girlfriend decided it was time to move, now i am 35 minutes to the closest course. booooo

According to Google Maps, it is approximately 775 feet from my driveway to the first tee pad (Rotary Park in Kirksville, MO) if I don't cut through anybody's yard; around 750 feet to the practice basket. If I remember to do it, maybe I'll count the steps next time.

Latest posts