• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who lives the closest to a disc golf course?

I'm about 2800 feet from the first tee at Wheeler Park in Geneva, IL. It's pretty sweet!

My parents house that I lived in durring high school is 1 house over from Alex Clark DGC. Walk out the back door, behind the neighbors fence and you are on 13's fairway. They sold that house last year.

I'm staying at a friend's place about 500 ft. from basket #3 at Ann Mo in Boise. In fact, I'm late---I should be there now.

I can walk to my "home" course. Generally, I drive it for a grand total of 3 miles.

As far as I know, JCrab66 does. He says it takes him exactly 35 seconds from back door to tee 1. I could be mistaken though. I do know some folks in Charlotte who have one of the best 18 hole courses on their property.

Definitely not that close but i have idlewild, boone and Lincoln ridge all with in 15 minutes of the house. Idlewild and boone maybe a 3 minute ride to get there if that. Lincoln ridge takes about 10-15 minutes to get there.

I played a bit in college, then fell out of it for about 5-6 years while "life" happened. Married, bought a house, couple job changes, etc. When I did start playing again a couple years ago, I was stoked when I remembered that Lincoln Ridge/Banklick was just a couple miles from my home. 5-10 minute drive max and I think it takes more time to get out of my subdivision than it does from that point to the course.

I was even more surprised my first time back out when I realized they had added 6 holes! Bonus.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1682&mode=ci

Allen Pier's back porch is hole 1 for Pieradise DGC in Peru, IN. Unless someone is throwing from in the house, I think he wins.

This thread should probably disqualify private course owners.

But if not, my house is about 300' from the Hole 1 tee (start of course), 80' from the 17A basket, 40' from the mando defining the 17A fairway (and, hopefull, protecting my windows). Narrowly defeating my brother Chris.

I seem to recall that Stonehenge, the extinct but very nice private course near Nashville, had a tee on the back porch. I wouldn't be surprised if some other private course has a first tee closer than Stoney Hill.

I also once lived only a few hundred feet from the Hole 9 tee at Owens Field. Alas, I lived there in the late 70s the the Owens Field course was built in the late 90s.

More conventionally, I know a longtime player (not on this site) who lives across the street from Crooked Creek, and a casual player who lives across the street from Earlewood, with his front porch overlooking half the course.

i live in the dorms at my school with a course on campus, my dorm window looks over hole 12 ive shot down at the basket many time from the window before my round, only hit basket though :/

hawthorne park course is a 9 hole in indiana that wraps around my house. the only person i know who is closest as a bum i met that lived in a tennesse course

When I was at college, we had a course and I could throw to the basket on 14 from my dorm window. It was 2 mins to the first tee walking, faster for those of us who had a bike!

I have a 5 minute walk to hole 1 at Cliff Stephens. If I start at hole 13 it's even shorter!!

Last edited:

Latest posts