• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who lives the closest to a disc golf course?

I moved to North Park in San Diego, CA just so I can be closer to my home course, Morley Field. I'm 6/10 mile (3,100ft) from hole 8, it's 1.01miles to the pro shop on my bike. Not as close as others, but I also work 2 miles from my home, so I can play afterwork every day with only a short drive.

From what I hear, it's good to beat the crowds to Morley....the closer you are, the quicker you can get there.

I live a short 5 min. bike ride to the 1st tee at plamann, probably about a mile. If I want to throw a super quick 9, hole 8 of the meadowview 9 is only a couple minutes on my bike.

From what I hear, it's good to beat the crowds to Morley....the closer you are, the quicker you can get there.
You would think that would do the trick. But this course is insanely busy. Sunday morning at 6:30am and the parking lot is nearly full. I think I'm going to start getting up early (5:15am) to try to get a morning round in on the weekdays.

You would think that would do the trick. But this course is insanely busy. Sunday morning at 6:30am and the parking lot is nearly full. I think I'm going to start getting up early (5:15am) to try to get a morning round in on the weekdays.

I'd recommend playing in bad weather to beat the crowds, but I'm told San Diego doesn't have any. You guys may need lights more than any other course.

I'd recommend playing in bad weather to beat the crowds, but I'm told San Diego doesn't have any. You guys may need lights more than any other course.
Funny you mentioned that. Last night I was thinking what improvements could be made to Morley and besides a bigger non-dirt parking lot and a top-notch pro/deli shop, lights around the course to keep it open til 10:00pm would be stellar.

I love being in Greenville, SC -- dozens of 18-holers within an hour, and within 2-3 hours of Charlotte, PDGA HQ, Stoney Hill, Flyboy, Innova East, and the great private mountain tracks of Western NC. :)

My last house was 1 block from one course and about 6 blocks from another. I was playing multiple times a day quite a few days just out of convenience.

At home I live 3 miles from a course they are just putting in (William Jewell College) and at college (Not William Jewell) we have one on campus which is a nice 3-5 minute walk

I'm not as close as many of you guys, but I live 3 miles away from Renaissance Park in Charlotte. Not a bad home course. :)

Latest posts