• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who Played A Christmas Round?

Ok. I thought you were closer to madison as 'Glide' mentions you a bit as we chat..

I work in Madison and know Mike really well. He's an awesome dude.

I'm at the shop a couple of times a week during peak season.

My wife got me a $60 gift card to Glide for Christmas. :)

do you tape it right in the center , and wad it up before you throw it . ? I only played once last year in the snow because I had a hard time finding my disc , this sound like a great idea
lmk how to do it please

do you tape it right in the center , and wad it up before you throw it . ? I only played once last year in the snow because I had a hard time finding my disc , this sound like a great idea
lmk how to do it please

I tape it right in the center. Some people do it on the rim.

Let the ribbon just hang from the disc and throw the thing. No bunching needed.

Pro tip: When cutting the ribbon, lift it in the air and cut about 18" off of it. It will curly q and you don't want it to be too short.

I haven't lost a disc in 3 winters with ribbon.

Have fun!

shoveled snow with a telescope shovel so it took forever. oh well. i did 17/18 holes. sorry mankato mn hole 14 is a ****ing joke and i wont play it unless forced by the group im with. played well. i think only a few bogies a few birdies. the wind was ripping and roaring so i actually used all my overstables a lot. thought i was in for another ace on their shortest hole with my putter but ended up like 3 feet away. hit a few trees and thought my disc was going to break. they didnt. life is good!

Got permission from the Wife and I was ready to go. then my 9yo daughter asked me to stay at home. Whaddya gonna do?

Put the roast in the oven and booked it to Paco in Denver. Birdie hole 1 and hear someone yelling at me from the parking lot.

"WHY AREN'T YOU IN THE KITCHEN?"

My brother and his girlfriend had the same idea before Christmas dinner at our house.

Round over, massive amounts of food and beverage.

Cheers everyone for a Merry Christmas!

Put the roast in the oven and booked it to Paco in Denver. Birdie hole 1 and hear someone yelling at me from the parking lot.

"WHY AREN'T YOU IN THE KITCHEN?"

My brother and his girlfriend had the same idea before Christmas dinner at our house.

Round over, massive amounts of food and beverage.

Cheers everyone for a Merry Christmas!

That is awesome.

I was able too get 18 in on Christmas. It was just shy of 80 degrees, and a little windy, but we survived! The course was very crowded.

I have some back problems that have been limiting my play/practice time, so I've been looking around for something cart-wise to McGuyver into a disc cart...Putting on/taking off shoulder straps, and one-shouldering for short carries kills me, especially over multiple round tourneys...

Boom, got a "Go-Cart" ala Barry from Santa. So, I HAD to get out..

Sunny, little breezy, and high 30s/low 40s here. Ah, Xmas in the Carolinas.

Got in 18 @ Hornet's Nest, and then got the front 9 of the Web in before I was running out of daylight. Shot a sloppy 8 over :\, couldn't knock the rust off and get the drives together. But, perfect day at Hornet's Nest, minimal grief from the woman for duffing out to play...:thmbup:

Have to say, I was dubious about the cart thing. I probably would never have dropped $175 on one for myself, but this thing is pretty sweet. It's light, rolls good even over rough terrain, and with a day pack strapped to the back, it can carry everything a growing boy needs and then some. I was eyeballing a Prodiscus bag for the ability to carry outerwear, bevs, extra towels in the summer, etc, but I'm really pumped about the cart. This thing will definitely extend my career, back-wise.

Now, I just need to get better about the heel pivot, to take some pressure off my spine on longer follow-throughs...

PLAY!

Just kidding.

I thought about it because earlier in the day she said "Everyone is over Christmas by 4." (When the round was scheduled to start.) I reminded her of that statement. She thought about it for a minute and said, "Everyone but me!"
That's my girl!!!

I got in one round of 9 with my brother. I had none of my discs, but I used a couple of his.

There was 7 of us this year playing at Boone Woods, this is the 6th year we have played on Xmas MrEnzweiler took first with Vzi25 and his partner coming in second. I don't want to comment on where I finished

Weather in Northern Kentucky at 11 am was 28 degrees with 10 MPH wind but hardly any snow on the ground

Me and the girlfriend got a quick round in at white river in auburn, wa. We are in the area visiting my family and couldn't pass up the chance to play in mid 40s weather with no snow on the ground. So much better than the 8 inches of snow and sub zero temps back home. Hopefully we get the chance to play a few more courses in the Seattle area while we are here

I couldn't get out long enough to get a round in but I did go out and shovel 14 of the 18 teepads at my home course on Christmas: Maytag Park. I was supposed to go throw a night round Monday but the temp was -4 with 15 mph wind so we postponed it to this Friday night. I can't wait. I think night snow disc golf is easier than day snow dg because the LEDs show up very well through the snow. This will only be my 2nd night snow round but we didn't lose any discs last time in about 5" of snow, about the same as we have now.

Last edited:
i did...i live in the country outside the d/fw area in texas,i played just after sunrise (23 degrees and foggy)...a solo and very strange game..i went looking for a disc (millenium,tie-died,distance drvr) for a fellow golfer,after retrieving his disc from a tree i threw my precious blizzard ape at the car while walikng back....the....festivities.made me forgetful and il eft it in the parking lot,and is no more,but the good news is i got the lost disc back to my buddy,and ....santa gave me a new 138gm blizzard destroyer (orange)..so..yay..