• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who plays through the winter.

As long as it is not cold enough to force me to wear gloves I like playing when it is a little cold out. Just a hoodie and maybe a cap but that is all the extra clothes I need for most days.

Man I love the winter the best.

1) The insects are gone! Hooray!
2) Fewer People on the course.
3) The fairways are wider because of the lack of foliage.
4) I never have to hurry because of the lack of people playing.
5) I can sneak away for a round and no one knows because I don't get all sweaty.
6) See number 1!

2341_1041604278439_1175538280_12850.jpg

This is how we roll.... :D

j/k...I just love this pic and thought it would fit. I don't think even I could bother to play like this.

That is a great pic of the snow to the top of the basket.
Tape the ribbons on the top, it works better than the bottom.

Winter's a pain in the rear! I have to wear pants with my t-shirt to the course, sometimes even a long sleeve shirt if the temps really drop.

Yeah, I played all winter last year. Can we even call it winter here in Texas tho? Occasionally we have a winter storm come through but typically temp avgs out around high 40's low 50's.

ive never known anyone that didnt play year round...i dont care for playing when i cant feel my fingers, but you gotta improve in time for next summer. that way you come out swinging when everyone else is just shakin off the rust:)

I'm sure I'll play a couple of times this winter, but not with snow on the ground. The cold I don't mind but spending a couple hours plowing through knee deep snow just isn't for me.

haven't had the chance yet. Just started in the spring. But I'm looking forwards to it. I'm in NC and we don't get much snow, but the temp does drop significantly. But I always enjoyed playing outside as a kid in the fall/winter so I'm excited about fall and winter disc golf.

I used to play snowshoe disc golf in Vermont. I only threw bright colored champion discs and they made the snow glow around them so they were much easier to find.

Midwest living= winter disc golf

I play in all kinds of weather from being 110 degrees out to -10 degrees with snow flying! I actually enjoy the winter and the snow. Must watch out for losing your discs! Brightly colored ones are the best. Just watch their flight and see where the land. The teepads are usually all iced over and getting a proper x step is elusive. I enjoy the hardpack icey glazed fairways that let your disc skip farther than usual. Dress warm! I always put a glove on one hand and put those pocket hand warmers in my pocket and keep my had warm that way. And also a towel to wipe the snow off of the disc. The courses are always completely empty as well. I truly enjoy playing in the winter.

I am going to play this winter...we get some snow in South Jersey; but nothing like what is in the picture. That's a lot of snow.

Man I love the winter the best.

1) The insects are gone! Hooray!
2) Fewer People on the course.
3) The fairways are wider because of the lack of foliage.
4) I never have to hurry because of the lack of people playing.
5) I can sneak away for a round and no one knows because I don't get all sweaty.
6) See number 1!

I agree with everything listed here except number five. I sweat all year long as well. :(

I work outside and don't really mind the cold too much. So I'll play most any day but when the snow is on the ground I'd just as soon stay inside. A sunny day with a high about 40 is a gift.