• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who you taking for the 2010 worlds?

I'm picking Josh Anthon and Sarah Stanhope. I'm not sure why Josh fell off after the Memorial Open where he took 2nd. Last tourney in June, he DNF'd. Does anyone know if he is hurt? If he is, then I'm picking Borg.

Ken Climo
Nikko Locastro
Matt Orum

No particular order, just hope one of these guys win. If I had to pick just one, it'd be Matty-O, it's a Southern Nationals thing.

Dave's been playing well lately, so he has to be the first pick.
Val for the women. Go 4 for 4, Val.

Definitely. I met Matt through a mutual friend (Tony Bass) years ago, I think he was like 14 at the time and I knew from watching him play then, that he'd eventually win Worlds sooner or later. This could be that year.

I would love to see the champ win another one, but I think Nikko's got a great chance this year. On the women's side it's hard to pick against Val.

Definitely. I met Matt through a mutual friend (Tony Bass) years ago, I think he was like 14 at the time and I knew from watching him play then, that he'd eventually win Worlds sooner or later. This could be that year.

Tony Bass Damn YOU!!!! :wall:

Sorry but you made me remember a tournament..........tell him I hope he enjoys that schweet Skate-deck.

this is a tough one. for the ladies im gonna say val. then for the men i would love to see Avery defend but as much as i like him hes not playing all that well this year in big events. Nikko is on fire this year and really wants it. but im gonna have to pick "The Champ". after talking to him for a little while at the music city open he is feeling really confident heading into this since its not a ton of just huge distance holes. hes had couple weeks to rest and practice now and i think hes gonna make a good run for 13!

hes had couple weeks to rest and practice now and i think hes gonna make a good run for 13!

I am not really certain how much the Champ actually practices. After this many years I don't think he really needs practice.

I'm picking Josh Anthon and Sarah Stanhope. I'm not sure why Josh fell off after the Memorial Open where he took 2nd. Last tourney in June, he DNF'd. Does anyone know if he is hurt? If he is, then I'm picking Borg.

Josh anthon had a bad first round and was pissed and left town, because it was steve ricos home course he called him later that day and apologized for leaving. No injury just a bad day.

ok the didnt mean that the champ needs practice. i ment that he could rest up and then get there early and walk threw and throw the courses at worlds and just get prepared for the tourny. and i hate it when someone just up and leaves a tourny because of a bad round. man up, accept that you had a bad round and capitalize and try to do fix your mistakes. leaving like that almost seems like being a sore looser. i mean i would understand if he was hurt but thats just sad.

The Champ
Nikko
Steve Gutenberg

I talked to Steve at the.. I've got nothing. He probably won't show up again this year. I sent him a facebook reminder though.

Val and Nikko are my money bets (no i didn't really bet). There are about 300 guys i'd rather see win than Nikko, but he's hotter than crap right now. My cross my fingers hope he wins guy is the Champ. Matt O would be a nice surprise winner. Doss back at the top would be cool. Jenks is struggling, but I'm hoping he get's a chance to be in the last group to add to the drama of a repeat.