• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's got Paul's bag

Reward offered

Hey Everyone, this seems like a good place to signal boost.

Grip is offering $1,000 cash and a new black A14 Grip bag to anyone who returns the bag + discs or provides verifiable information leading to their recovery to tournament officials. You can also PM us here or on our Facebook Page.

We know that DGCR does not tolerate thieves and fervently safeguards the reputation of Disc Golf as a sport. We sincerely hope that someone will come forward and help us right this wrong.

Hey Everyone, this seems like a good place to signal boost.

Grip is offering $1,000 cash and a new black A14 Grip bag to anyone who returns the bag + discs or provides verifiable information leading to their recovery to tournament officials. You can also PM us here or on our Facebook Page.

We know that DGCR does not tolerate thieves and fervently safeguards the reputation of Disc Golf as a sport. We sincerely hope that someone will come forward and help us right this wrong.

Just ask feldberg

If it was stolen from the back of a truck, there's the possibility that it was a local who's not affiliated with the tourney. I'd check the local pawn shops. Could just be dumb luck that it was McBeth's bag.

AZ penal code = petty theft = 6 months maximum time and/or $2,500 + reimbursement for items stolen if they cannot be returned in like condition as stolen. People don't even get 3-5 for stealing a car now days.

Depends on the (estimated) value of the bag & discs ... if something else was stolen as well, then it adds up.

Under ARS § 13 – 1802 theft charges will be brought as Misdemeanors unless the market or dollar value of the property exceeds $1,000.00. Theft crimes involving items that exceed that amount will be brought as a felony.

The exception to this is if it is a firearm or an animal. Charges for theft of an animal or gun, will be charged as a felony, even if the dollar value is below $1,000.00,

Other factors are considered in charges being brought and sentencing. They include circumstances in the theft, and nature of the item stolen.

Misdemeanor Theft Penalties

First time petty theft misdemeanor theft offenders may qualify to participate in a theft counseling diversion program and probation in lieu of incarceration.

Class 1 Misdemeanor thefts are the most serious of Misdemeanor theft charges. If convicted, sentencing can include up to 6 months in jail, $2500.00 fines, fees, community service, restitution and other penalties deemed necessary.

Felony Theft Penalties

Sentencing for Class 6 Felony Theft charges, which are the least severe, may result in 6 months to 16 months in prison. Penalties for a Class 2 Felony Theft charges, which are the most severe, may result in 4 years to 10 years in prison, and fines of up to $150,000.00. Other sentencing could include fees, jail or prison costs and assessments, restitution, community service, and other penalties the court deems necessary.

Source

This is flat out crap. I hope Mcbeth shrugs it off tmr. From the way he scored seemed to affect him, haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Good luck tomorrow champ, beat the odds!

I'm sure he is a little shaken up, but I'm sure he has some backups with him. I would assume for a touring pro that would be a no brained considering the potential to lose discs in the water there.

See, if he was sponsored by Gateway and had his discs in an old Lightning bag he'd have no problems right now. :|

Such BS someone would do that oh well he's a pro and will bounce back tomarrow just to show them sorry saps that even stealing his bag and disc won't stop him...go get emm Mcbeth

Feldberg made Wysoki take it and throw it in the fountain -- initiation rite.

Sadly probably was a disc golfer though or some clueless kid just taking what's left in the open. Who else would take the bag?

Thieves are scum...whoever the douche-bag is that stole it should have their knuckles smashed with an aluminum bat!

This is really upsetting to hear but it would not shock me that another disc golfer stole the bag and discs with so many fans of pros being over the top worshipping their idols and stalking them on social media. Curious if they stole his backups as well. Disc golfers that travel have an advantage to have their discs in their presence at all times compared to other sports. Many PGA tour players travel all over the world and their clubs do not always make it to tournaments but they survive (I think Tim Clark won a tournament with brand new clubs due to lost luggage including not having his players badge a few years ago) so Paul should be fine. Also, I know of numerous pro surfers years ago that had boards not arrive when flying internationally and having to borrow boards for contests. The top pros in most sports adapt as I am sure Paul will.

I doubt that it was a disc golfer. Probably someone looking for valuables. They opened the bag and found a bunch of frisbees. It's probably in a dumpster somewhere, discs still in the bag.

It was probably a tweeker who then pawned them off.

I would check all the pawn shops within a 10 mile radius.

Disc golfers that travel have an advantage to have their discs in their presence at all times compared to other sports. Many PGA tour players travel all over the world and their clubs do not always make it to tournaments but they survive (I think Tim Clark won a tournament with brand new clubs due to lost luggage including not having his players badge a few years ago) so Paul should be fine. Also, I know of numerous pro surfers years ago that had boards not arrive when flying internationally and having to borrow boards for contests. The top pros in most sports adapt as I am sure Paul will.

I hear where you're going, but surfboards and golf clubs don't season in like a disc does.

Latest posts