• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's got Paul's bag

Golf clubs also have nearly ZERO variance, where as the PLH on his destroyers alone will likely be hard to replicate from a somewhat limited supply of backups and whats brand new off the vendor trucks. His Roc3s are also pretty beat in, a new one isn't going to fly like they do at all.

Paul is a great player, but the competition are all great players too. Best of luck to him, no matter the outcome of the tournament I'm sure he will give it his best shot. Really hope he gets his stuff back, being the victim of theft sucks no matter the situation.

Golf clubs also have nearly ZERO variance, where as the PLH on his destroyers alone will likely be hard to replicate from a somewhat limited supply of backups and whats brand new off the vendor trucks. His Roc3s are also pretty beat in, a new one isn't going to fly like they do at all.

Not really true. Golf clubs can be all over the place. Lofts, lies, and sweet spots vary from club to club. Some clubs are hotter than others. They're custom fit to very exact specs for tour players, sometimes down to the point of frequency-matching and MOI-matching. It's a very similar situation. It would be crazy for a tour pro to just grab an OTR set and win, just like it would be crazy for McBeth to grab a bunch of random thunderbirds and destroyers and win.

Professional Tour Players can have their clubs adjusted at the course. There would be hardly any difference between their old set and a brand new one that was adjusted for them the same day. I'm not talking about different manufacturers here, I'm talking about literally 2 identical sets of clubs. They are manufactured to a much higher standard to discs and fine adjustments allow for almost zero variation between the 2.

Not to mention that the disc (with flight variance based on PLH and Wear level) plays a much more integral part in the way we play than the club/ball does in ball golf.

Not trying to derail the thread or start an argument, but as a former scratch golfer in college losing a set of clubs never worried me. Even without being able to get them adjusted to my swing I knew that even a set of clubs (again same exact set) I had never touched would only take a few hours on the range to dial in.

Professional Tour Players can have their clubs adjusted at the course. There would be hardly any difference between their old set and a brand new one that was adjusted for them the same day. I'm not talking about different manufacturers here, I'm talking about literally 2 identical sets of clubs. They are manufactured to a much higher standard to discs and fine adjustments allow for almost zero variation between the 2.

Not to mention that the disc (with flight variance based on PLH and Wear level) plays a much more integral part in the way we play than the club/ball does in ball golf.

Not trying to derail the thread or start an argument, but as a former scratch golfer in college losing a set of clubs never worried me. Even without being able to get them adjusted to my swing I knew that even a set of clubs (again same exact set) I had never touched would only take a few hours on the range to dial in.

IS a scratch golfer in college the same as a tour pro? I think we might need to hear from a pro on this issue....

Note to self: If I want a brand new Grip bag, all I have to do is steal a used one. Then Grip will reward me with a new one when I return it. Everyone wins (except Grip).

(Yes, I'm trolling. I'm more than happy with my Innova bag that I bought five years ago. When that one falls apart in 2023, I'll look into getting a Grip DZ74 or whatever they're making then.)

Second note to self: Contact Grip about making me a custom DZ74.

IS a scratch golfer in college the same as a tour pro? I think we might need to hear from a pro on this issue....

Nope, but that's exactly why it would matter even less to one of them. Besides unless you know one personally I doubt you're going to see a post from one of them here. ;)

Very accurate. My old college roomate works for 6 months a year on the Ping trailer that follows the PGA tour (the other 6 months are at the headquarters). They have a computer with every players specs down to the 100th of an inch and for the players that are in the top 100 in the world, they have a full set of clubs for each player on the trailer ready to go. That way they can replace the spares and make demos, etc... for the players during the practice days and only deal with emergencies once the tournament starts.

Very accurate. My old college roomate works for 6 months a year on the Ping trailer that follows the PGA tour (the other 6 months are at the headquarters). They have a computer with every players specs down to the 100th of an inch and for the players that are in the top 100 in the world, they have a full set of clubs for each player on the trailer ready to go. That way they can replace the spares and make demos, etc... for the players during the practice days and only deal with emergencies once the tournament starts.

Judging by all this trouble they go to, no a tour pro could not compete with off the shelf clubs.

I just saw on facebook. Paul posts that someone last night took his Grip bag and all the discs.
What would you do in this situation?

Does ANYONE know the facts? Seems like everyone is guessing or repeating what they heard somewhere online.

Where was his truck?
When was the bag stolen? (night, day?)
Did the thief break into the truck (smash a window) or grab it out of the bed?
Was a police report filed?

Anyone?

Latest posts