• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's still waiting for their first ace?

Seneca_22

Birdie Member
I know I am. I started playing in the fall of 2005. The improvement is there. My scores are still improving, my D is still improving as is my variety of shots. I think I've only had 3 near aces. 2 hit the basket and one hit the chains. Otherwise, that's it.

I know a lot of people have played less time and got their first ace already. I guess not a biggy since it's not something that happens all the time anyway, but I'm still waiting. Coming up on 3 years in September.

lol - I'm still waiting too. Been kinda close lately on a few different holes - actually half started to celebrate on one of them :lmao:

Bjork: "I know by now, that you'll arrive by the time I stop waiting"

I am also waiting. Though I need to stop waiting because the second I do that I will hit it.

I chained out once, got within a foot on a couple others.

Me. I've hit metal a bunch, and chains a few times. I got super close last Thursday at league...my disc skipped on a big hyzer and proceeded to tightrope from the front of the basket lip all the way around the side...and then flopped out onto the ground. Would have been good for a couple hundred bucks. What are you gonna do?

I know it's going to happen, I've had plenty of shots that didn't hit metal but blew past a foot away on one side or the other. Rest assured I will post on here flipping out once I finally nail one :D

Still waiting here. I came close once. I hyzered it in hit the chains, then the bottom of the basket, then the ground. I have been hitting the practice field these days more than the course so that has limited my chances.

I have had many near misses, and I have hit metal once. I have only been playing for a year. I know it will happen soon.

I played my first round in '87 or '88ish, started playing regularly in '93 or '94ish. One of the courses I used to play regularly is an 18-hole 3,500 ft ace run paradise. I've witnessed every hole on the course aced. I played it at least once every week, rain or shine, summer or winter, for six years.

I've never hit an ace. Never been close. Never even hit metal.

really???? man thats crazy. No metal at all?

Not trying to rub it in, I'm just surprised. You'd think the law of averages would take over at some point. I've never played with you but you certainly seem like you know what you're talking about when it comes to disc golf. I thought it was mostly just the somewhat recently obsessed like me that didn't have aces yet.

It will make it that much sweeter once happens, I suppose. :D

im waiting too....though not too anxiously

i know it will come eventually and if not, if my overall scores are better, i think its a better indication of how good i am at the game

hit chains, cage, post, and the top probably about 10 times combined but none have stuck

have even hit chains and basket for three almost black aces and none of those stuck either

ive hit metal 10 to 15 times and came within 6 inches or a foot prolly 150 times and nothing stuck (exept my anti ace :cry: ) at this point im pretty much over it. i have a buddy who has suposedly hit 18+ aces (ive only seen 2) and i could prolly beat him 20 out of 20 rounds. so obviously getting aces doesn't say too much about your overall skill 8)

i have been playing for a year and waiting on my first ace almost got one this weekend on the last hole of the tournament (about 230 with a slight head wind pull out my 2month old sanmarino roc (pick with the clubstamp) throw it on a slight hyzer flipped flat skips off the biketrail and was inches from hitting it) the guys on the hole beside me (the course runs out and back) said i was inches from going in

long story short im still waiting but getting closer

im still waiting. been playing a little over a year. I've came close numerous times. almost aced this weekend, line was right except disc came in 1-2ft short

In four years playing I have hit two. Both were just lucky. Sort of like hitting the lottery.
I was playing with a guy the other day and he said, "An ace is just a bad shot." I guess what he was saying is that you should be playing for the birdy and landing your disc on the ground at the pin.
I don't totally agree. I do think you hit what you aim for. So if the terrain is right (rising behind the basket is good) and the hole is within my range then I aim for that sweet spot on the pole half way up the chains and go for it!

tushamajig13 said:
im waiting too....though not too anxiously
That's the thing...I've been playing 20 years with no ace, and I never think about it. It never effects they way I play, and it's not lowering the quality of my life in any way (other than never cashing in on an ace pot! :( ) If it was a problem for me I would never mention it, but it doesn't bother me at all. If I had bagged an ace 20 years ago, it would not make any difference in my game today. Maybe this weekend I'll ace a 200 ft. pitch & putt hole, maybe I'll die without an ace. Either way, I doubt the subject will be mentioned in my obituary.

Latest posts