• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's still waiting for their first ace?

Solbo said:
Hit my 10th Saturday, netted me $625.
/drool

I was in the chains and out on my first throw in league today with the ace pot carrying into the 4th week. So close.

I've first started playing disc casuaully in 2000, not getting serious about it until '04ish and I have chained out and bounced off too many times for myself to remember. Still no ace though. I've actually hit chains twice in the past two weeks. Although no aces, I still feel like I'm getting better everytime I play. Not much more can be asked for.

Started playing a year and a half or so ago and no aces. Got close this past weekend when I hit the pole just below the basket. It was agony watching it get that close.

Never in 2+ yrs, I figure if I start stressing about it I won't enjoy the game much.
Does not mean I don't want to, just play to improve my game, lower my score, enjoy myself.

2 1/2 years - no aces, but now that I'm trying to catch Working Stiff's record, I'm sure to get one. I really don't give them a second thought, but would like to get a fat ace pot so my wife would let me play more tournies/monthlies.

Working Stiff said:
tushamajig13 said:
im waiting too....though not too anxiously
That's the thing...I've been playing 20 years with no ace, and I never think about it. It never effects they way I play, and it's not lowering the quality of my life in any way (other than never cashing in on an ace pot! :( ) If it was a problem for me I would never mention it, but it doesn't bother me at all. If I had bagged an ace 20 years ago, it would not make any difference in my game today. Maybe this weekend I'll ace a 200 ft. pitch & putt hole, maybe I'll die without an ace. Either way, I doubt the subject will be mentioned in my obituary.
Change the 20 to a 5 and that's where I am, too.

No Aces yet.

I think I was cheated out of my last ace run. I hit the center of the chains and bounced out. On reaching the basket saw that one set of chains was looped over the support for the next set of chains resulting in a flatter front of this MACH V basket. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the chains hard enough to have caused that, but with fewer chains was definitely hard enough to hit the pole and bounce out.

--Dan (the paranoid frisbee golfer)

Been playing since August 2006, so not very long but have been anxious to get that first ace. Had my closest call about a week ago, 250-275 feet and I hit chains and it spit out, I freaked I was so happy lol. Of course no one was around to see if it would have gone in but I wouldn't have cared.

Been playing for 10 years no ace. Had a Pred sidearm skip shot into the front of the basket, 3 more inches and I would have had it, at the last tourney I was in.

Have hit chains a few times and basket more then I can count, but nothing ever stuck. With that being said I did get a ace at the '07 Ace Race but it was like 130' or so. Don't really count that one.

Seneca_22 said:
I know I am. I started playing in the fall of 2005. The improvement is there. My scores are still improving, my D is still improving as is my variety of shots. I think I've only had 3 near aces. 2 hit the basket and one hit the chains. Otherwise, that's it.

I know a lot of people have played less time and got their first ace already. I guess not a biggy since it's not something that happens all the time anyway, but I'm still waiting. Coming up on 3 years in September.

I've been playing since Spring of 07 hit chains a few times basket a bunch and me and a friend was playing ranking lake in north carolina. And i hit my first ace with a buzz z. Was awsome still waiting on my 2nd but ill take it. I got four other friends that plays all has hit basket and chains but none of them has aced it and 3 of them has been playing since i was like 12 and now im 19... So relized how lucky i was.

I aced my friend in the nose on a griplock with a max weight wraith from about 15 feet away about 2 weeks ago. Knocked him out and almost broke his nose. There was a lot of blood. DONT STAND TO THE SIDE....STAND BEHIND!

I'll be up to a year playing time come Sept. 08, only came close "once", hole #9 at Cottowood in Colorado Springs. I threw what seemed a perfect anhayzer it hit the chains and popped out, RATS! :oops: Haven't come even close since, I hope I get one before I'm too old to throw, LOL! :wink:

Bogeyman :twisted:

I was waiting for two years. Then I got my first about five days ago. I was playing a casual round, not really focusing that much, and the next thing I knew I had teed off and it was in. I think it helped that I was just having fun, and not thinking much about how I was throwing. When you least expect it, as they say. I'll admit it's nice to have it behind me though. :)

I'm at one year. I guess that means the counter can officially start. I've had some good runs, but no ace yet. I tell myself that an ace in a round full of bogeys really doesn't help me much.

I've seen my friend hit the basket a couple times. I've hit the pole supporting the basket, but not the basket or chains.

Bah....I hit the pole on 2 different holes today off the tee. I can't believe how often I'm getting close now without it actually having happened. :roll:

I figured I would bring this thread back instead of fouling up the thread for "real" aces....LOL

Latest posts