• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's the Most Famous Disc Golfer

I'd say mcbeth, aj, and Nikko are the most recognizable to people who play disc, but may not pay much attention to pro golf. As for most famous to a person who knows nothing about the sport? No clue. No one probably?

Show an 18 year old disc golfer a pic of Ken Climo and one of Matthew Perry and see who is recognized....The answer isnt Climo.

Show an 18 year old disc golfer a pic of Ken Climo and one of Matthew Perry and see who is recognized....The answer isnt Climo.
Not sure an 18 year old American will know either one (a 40-year old definitely Perry). In Japan or Finland, an 18 year old disc golfer will likely know Climo better than Perry.

I'd recognize Climo anywhere, McBeast, or Shusterick too.
Outside of them I prolly wouldn't recognize anyone... well maybe Barsby!

I've met Jay & Des Reading - great people, but to be honest, not sure I'd recognize them... except that he's one BIG dude.

Last edited:
Matthew Perry may be many things. But I'd never say that "disc golfer" is one of them.

(Yes, I'm aware he has played and I've seen the pic of him and Climo...but I don't think he plays with any sort or regularity. )

If we're gonna go that route then that vampire chick is probably the most famous, currently. Or maybe Aaron Rodgers.

if he is an actual disc golfer he will absolutely know who Ken Climo is. If he is a chucker he probably won't know who either one of them are.

Of course when Leno was doing the Jaywalking segments, people couldn't even identify Bush or Obama in photos sometimes.

Tough call. Most famous in the sport amongst people who play more than casually? Obviously, The Champ. Then probably McBeth and Avery next (probably neck and neck). Then Nikko.

Outside of people who play it like it's a 'real' sport (yes, I said that and I'm addicted to tournaments), Paul Walker, Bubba Watson, Matthew Perry would all be solid choices.

Most popular disc golfer of all time? Can't believe nobody has said this yet (even though most people don't realize why), Steady Ed. Come on, he made the basket folks, he is by association with that the most popular disc golfer of all time :)

Most popular disc golfer of all time? Can't believe nobody has said this yet (even though most people don't realize why), Steady Ed. Come on, he made the basket folks, he is by association with that the most popular disc golfer of all time :)
Average chucker has zero idea who 'Steady Ed' is.

He's probably the LEAST popular of the 'most popular' people being mentioned here. Association means nothing.

Brodie Smith ... he's gotten cubby aces / object golf on ESPN many times now. The other day I saw a brand commercial similar to Sunny D (to reference 3Putt's wise analysis) show a kid skateboarding and a lid flying into an overturned trashcan. YouTube front page, reddit AMAs, cable clip shows, more social followers than any DG brand or entity. And he's solely famous for his disc skill/media. Fight me.

Latest posts