• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] WHTAS UP WITH THE TI BUZZZZ

yeah nothign is going to kick the z buzzz out of the bag...well maybe i'll switch molds but same mold....z buzzz is aweseome.....

our local discraft pro described them as very straight. so i asked again and that is what he said went right into his bag and he uses it for long straight shots.....so i doubt it is "flippy" but there was issues with molding them so some might have come out different esp in the beginning.

i have two golds but i like the z buzzz so much i don't think i'm going to carry the Ti ones.

TBH, I'm less than impressed with Ti Buzzzes overall. Both of mine are the flippiest out-of-the-box buzzzes I have, which to me is fine, I'm just noting. I will say I'll throw these before a Buzzz SS though...I just didn't get along with that disc (and I LIKE understable discs!).

Where I'm less than impressed is with their grip. I actually think they're the least grippy of any buzzz plastic that exists. Thank god for the upraised Doss signature or one drop of water would make this disc impossible to hold.

The best thing about them is their color. Definitely got some cool colors out there...especially if you get the between-run 2-tones. I have a metallic blue w/silvery-purple rim which is sweet looking.

TBH, I'm less than impressed with Ti Buzzzes overall. Both of mine are the flippiest out-of-the-box buzzzes I have, which to me is fine, I'm just noting. I will say I'll throw these before a Buzzz SS though...I just didn't get along with that disc (and I LIKE understable discs!).

Where I'm less than impressed is with their grip. I actually think they're the least grippy of any buzzz plastic that exists. Thank god for the upraised Doss signature or one drop of water would make this disc impossible to hold.

The best thing about them is their color. Definitely got some cool colors out there...especially if you get the between-run 2-tones. I have a metallic blue w/silvery-purple rim which is sweet looking.

Are yours predictably flippy? mine are and thats why i love them, they flip the same everytime which is cool and hold up to damage real well, for my course conditions at least.

Are yours predictably flippy? mine are and thats why i love them, they flip the same everytime which is cool and hold up to damage real well, for my course conditions at least.

...yeah I think I would agree. Then again I think the buzzz is a pretty consistent and predictable mold. So yeah I'd feel comfortable putting Ti on the flippy end of buzzzes.

For reference:

IMO OS -> US

Z Glo <> CryZtal FLX / Elite Z <> ESP / ESP FLX <> CryZtal <> Ti / Elite X <> Pro-D

i like my z buzzz better than my gold ti...but still keep them both in the bag....my bag is starting to seem more like a swiss army knife....:D

...yeah I think I would agree. Then again I think the buzzz is a pretty consistent and predictable mold. So yeah I'd feel comfortable putting Ti on the flippy end of buzzzes.

For reference:

IMO OS -> US

Z Glo <> CryZtal FLX / Elite Z <> ESP / ESP FLX <> CryZtal <> Ti / Elite X <> Pro-D

where would glo flx buzzz fit? same as z glo or cryztal flx?

^ for me my cryztal glo flx is the beefiest buzz i have, it also lacks glide compared to most other buzzz's

My ti buzzz hit a rock at full speed and fileted the wing beyond functionality. Also, I've found that the old lighter trick is less effective at repairing problems than with other plastic types. I thought this stuff was supposed to be durable, but it performs like pro plastic in the wear department...

I love the buzzz, and these do fly very well, but they are nowhere near durable enough for my 20 bucks, I'd rather a Z plastic wasp rim buzzz for twice the price

Not sure if this has been said but I feel like Ti molds and cools smaller than other plastic. Shrinks more that is.

My ti buzzz hit a rock at full speed and fileted the wing beyond functionality. Also, I've found that the old lighter trick is less effective at repairing problems than with other plastic types. I thought this stuff was supposed to be durable, but it performs like pro plastic in the wear department...

I love the buzzz, and these do fly very well, but they are nowhere near durable enough for my 20 bucks, I'd rather a Z plastic wasp rim buzzz for twice the price

I call bullsh*t on that. I've hit all sorts of stuff and its held up perfectly. Any disc can get a gouge in it with the right conditions.

I also call shenanigans. Don't go comparing Pro-D to Titanium; we all know Pro-D is where it's at. :D

All I'm saying is I had it for a week and now its useless and illegal, ill stick with my elite Z. I know its hard to believe, but I don't give a $#1t what you guys say. You can call BS all you want, I stand to gain nothing from trash-talking ti plastic, I love discraft and the buzz, but the ti will never be in my bag again.

If that upsets you, then maybe you should buy more to offset my lack of interest.

-wah

Also, I said PRO as in Innova pro, not pro d or dx. I love when people make assumptions and jump on people, seems more common on the dgcr site than anywhere else. Kudos for that!

Last edited:
All I'm saying is I had it for a week and now its useless and illegal, ill stick with my elite Z. I know its hard to believe, but I don't give a $#1t what you guys say. You can call BS all you want, I stand to gain nothing from trash-talking ti plastic, I love discraft and the buzz, but the ti will never be in my bag again.

If that upsets you, then maybe you should buy more to offset my lack of interest.

-wah

Also, I said PRO as in Innova pro, not pro d or dx. I love when people make assumptions and jump on people, seems more common on the dgcr site than anywhere else. Kudos for that!

No need for long explainations. Comparing Ti to Pro is ignorant. I'm sorry your butt got hurt.

-wah

I was more teasing the guy who called BS, man. Sorry to upset you. And if you're talking Buzzzes and say Pro, I have to assume you're saying Pro-D because if you're talking Elite-X, then you would have said X. And since Buzzzes don't come out in Innova plastics...

Anyway, I have heard a lot of what you are saying about how they take damage and break in weird. I'm staying away from them and sticking with my Pro-d and X's.

-wah

can you post a pic of the buzzz? id like to see the damage.

Mine has taken numerous trees and even a nice solid metal drainage culvert and it only shows superficial surface scratches