• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

both have been metioned before. his statement is pretty true

I haven't read of their compensation on DGCR so I can't speak to what I haven't read or heard directly... not that I would discuss anyone's pay that wasn't already public knowledge. Of course it wouldn't be hard to guesstimate that Micky Ds only pays me $7.25/hr for flipping burgers but Prodigy is more like 5 Guys so they make a lot more :rolleyes:

Even though I'll probably get called out as being a fanboy and for not using proper English on the interwebs, thanks for sharing your time and knowledge with us wannabe haters:)

Pretty much.

Let's hate Walmart. Let's hate Microsoft. Let's hate Exxon. Let's hate Nike. Let's hate (however else).

Now, granted, all of these big companies have major problems, as does Innova. But the main reason they are hated is because they are big.

I feel this pretty much sums it up!

Here, fight over this.

Uq74Mnz.jpg

Has anyone ever measured the densities of MVP's Proton/Neutron plastic vs. the overmold plastic? How much of a difference is there, really? Do we just assume the overmold plastic is significantly denser? With a triple beam, a graduated cylinder, and arithmetic, one could figure this out pretty quickly. Oh yeah, a disc also would have to be sacrificed.

Pretty much.

Let's hate Walmart. Let's hate Microsoft. Let's hate Exxon. Let's hate Nike. Let's hate (however else).

Now, granted, all of these big companies have major problems, as does Innova. But the main reason they are hated is because they are big.

I actually completely detest Walmart and never have and never will shop there. It has nothing to do with their size/success.

I have no hate towards Innova.

In fact I carry Discmania and Innova in my bag. Katana's,PD's,TD's,TD2's and Leopards are my most cherished discs of theirs.

There is a guy I know who carries only Discraft and he really hates Innova. He just says he doesn't like the plastic. :confused:

Has anyone ever measured the densities of MVP's Proton/Neutron plastic vs. the overmold plastic? How much of a difference is there, really? Do we just assume the overmold plastic is significantly denser? With a triple beam, a graduated cylinder, and arithmetic, one could figure this out pretty quickly. Oh yeah, a disc also would have to be sacrificed.

This would be interesting to see. But only big time drug dealers & scientists have a personal triple beam :p

Teebird is going to do this, against the Atlas, which supposedly has no extra weight added to the overmold.

... i never said any one companies discs were better than any other.

You're right Paul. You didn't have to say it.

MVP is honestly where it's at. You will be in love soon

who is the #1 MVP thower? I've never seen a pro use them besides Graham Russell. is he #1?

YES!!! :clap::clap::clap:

And here you do say it:

I know devan Owens tried them for a week or 2 then i never saw them again. I would never use them just by their feel. Just like I wouldn't use a JK aviar to putt with because it to soft.

You must have been taking lessons from Hammer's book of how to troll MVP fans. :D

I just think it's funny that even the current world champ has to get his digs in.

Good luck at your next tourney. Keep those Innova discs flying true.

I throw mainly innova. This is the company that ushered me into the disc world about 4 years ago. I have thrown many many brands and molds and have enjoyed them but have always had an innova brand disc in my bag for any shot that I may need. I feel very comfortable with their plastics and ratings. Their customer service has always treated me well and I have no reason to force other plastics into my bag.

Different strokes for different folks! This thread is the sum of why I love/hate DGCR. It's 36 pages of hilarity. On one hand, I say "why can't we all just get along?" but on the other having all sorts of people, including the current Disc Golf World Champion, teeing off (pun very much intended) on each other is very entertaining.

I just think it's funny that even the current world champ has to get his digs in.

dude, he said he wouldn't throw mvp because it doesn't like the way it feels just like he doesn't throw jk avairs because he doesn't like the way they feel. by your logic mcbeast is now trolling on juliana korver. i believe you are the troller.

dude, he said he wouldn't throw mvp because it doesn't like the way it feels just like he doesn't throw jk avairs because he doesn't like the way they feel. by your logic mcbeast is now trolling on juliana korver. i believe you are the troller.

Feel is subjective and all in the mind. There's barely any 'feel' difference between proton and champ/gummy launcher. The overmold takes some getting used to, but no more than a few days before it feels right.

Also, I believe someone said Nikko tossed someone Axis for fun a while back , 300 feet dead straight. I'm willing to bet just about any top pro could bag MVP and see very little in difference once used to the new discs. Oh... And they wouldn't have to cycle through discs every few months since MVP discs hold up better than lower grade plastic, without losing glide.

Feel is subjective and all in the mind. There's barely any 'feel' difference between proton and champ/gummy launcher. The overmold takes some getting used to, but no more than a few days before it feels right.

Also, I believe someone said Nikko tossed someone Axis for fun a while back , 300 feet dead straight. I'm willing to bet just about any top pro could bag MVP and see very little in difference once used to the new discs. Oh... And they wouldn't have to cycle through discs every few months since MVP discs hold up better than lower grade plastic, without losing glide.

Exactly, and if something doesn't feel right in your hand, your not going to throw it well. I get wanting to try new things but if you don't like the feel on something, why would you try and force yourself to like it?

I love MVP as a company. Their putter and mid cores aren't comfortable to me. It's not in my mind, it's in my fingers.

"It's uncomfortable."
"It's just in your mind."
Good one...
"Here, try on these skinny jeans. They're cool."
"I look stupid, can barely get my junk in them, and can't breath."
"It's just in your mind."

Also, I believe someone said Nikko tossed someone Axis for fun a while back, 300 feet dead straight. I'm willing to bet just about any top pro could bag MVP and see very little in difference once used to the new discs. Oh... And they wouldn't have to cycle through discs every few months since MVP discs hold up better than lower grade plastic, without losing glide.

Wow. A kid with great form and 500'+ of power can make a neutral mid fly straight for 300'? Call Guinness because I just don't believe it.

What do you do in the rain? I've thrown Ions and Vectors both in the rain, and they're no better than any other slippery when wet premium plastic.

Latest posts