• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why cant disk golf be my real job?

because you don't spell disc correctly

no, no it won't. though more and more I have been day dreaming about offing my wife and collecting the life insurance-- I mean somehow coming into a large amount of cash and hitting the road on an epic DG road trip. :|

I would never want DG to be my job. Then I'd have to take it seriously.

I dream of hitting the lottery instead and hiding from my relatives. Traversing DG courses across the country would be the perfect way to lay low.

DG is by no means my real job...but I am fortunate enough to get paid for it a few weeks out of the year. Since I teach P.E., I incorporate a unit of DG into my lessons for a few weeks each year. I get to practice my dirves and putts in front of a crowd (students) that thinks I am good (they have no idea how badly I often play). I also introduce a few new faces to the game that I love.

...or you have a lifestyle that the meager money the top guys bring in wont support.

disc golf=fun

real job=not fun

what happens when disc golf=real job? based on my math, it's not even possible. but my guess would be that it would become quite a bit less fun.

Maybe not your FULL time job, no reason way it can't be your part time job. Even if you can't make money in local,regional,national Tourneys you could sell discs',run tourneys,Design courses all of these options you will make very little money. You won't be able to live off of it. It would be my "retirement fund"

I would never want DG to be my job. Then I'd have to take it seriously.

I dream of hitting the lottery instead and hiding from my relatives. Traversing DG courses across the country would be the perfect way to lay low.

You take Mega Millions. I'll take Power Ball and I'll meet you in Colorado.

DG is by no means my real job...but I am fortunate enough to get paid for it a few weeks out of the year. Since I teach P.E., I incorporate a unit of DG into my lessons for a few weeks each year. I get to practice my dirves and putts in front of a crowd (students) that thinks I am good (they have no idea how badly I often play). I also introduce a few new faces to the game that I love.

Ditto. I play disc golf 2 months out of the year. I have a fall unit, a spring unit, and I teach it in summer school.

Other questions this thread has got me thinking about:

Why aren't super models trying to marry me?

Why haven't I become filthy rich for inventing something awesome?

Why is every awesome thing so expensive?

These things happen to everyone eventually. All it takes is patience.

Why is every awesome thing so expensive?

I've restructured your three questions into one so it better fits some of our circumstances:

"Why is every filthy super model so expensive?"

You're welcome.