• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

I have to list two. My super flat Z Buzzz and my beat in Champ Leopard. My Buzzz is my go to in many different situations. I can make my Leo go hyzer or anhyzer with decent accuracy.

As for mids; Roc3. As for drivers; Rampage.
The Roc3 can take a lot of wind, goes really straight, the mold feels really good in the hand, and you can use it for anything from short approaches to medium drives.
The Rampage is incredibly fast! And the glide is out of this world. As a player with 425' as max distance, it put it to 350' effortless(was really powered down). Flat with a good fade, hyzers, flex, bombs, sweeping hyzers, just rip it, and watch it fly.

The Roc3 can take A LOT of wind. I've seen them fly through 20 mph gusts in different directions and fly into the basket like there was no wind at all.

Milenninum Sentinel gets my vote. having bagged them for well over a decade I find I can range it more accurately than anything else in my collection. My older seasoned ones can find lines through the trees that nothing else in my bag will. I would be lost without you, Sentinel. don't ever leave me.

I've already chimed in on this thread but I'll come at it again with a disc I love. The Stalker. I just don't see people using this amazing disc. It has become essential to my game and I know that it is popular but I never see or hear of people using it.

Pro Innova plastic has too much glide for the fast drivers. Fairways on the other hand, are perfect. My Pro Leopard has enough glide and turn to get the longer shots close, but still be very consistent with the short shots. Amazes me how more people don't throw this disc!!

Suspect. A magical tweener disc that's great for approaches. Flies straight and dumps right (LHBH) when thrown flat and can fight it's way predictably out of an anhyzer. I dropped several strokes after adding one to the bag. I hit at least one shot a round with it that makes me seriously amazed.

Kind of a hard question because there is a lot of stuff I love but I could understand a lot of people not needing one or not enjoying it like I do.

If I had to pick one disc I always have in the bag that I think a huge majority of players would benefit from I guess I'd go with a nice flat opto trident.

A disc that every beginner to intermediate golfer should give a chance, the comet. I don't find it touchy, but responsive. You don't have to have mad power to shape this disc any way you want. A fresh x doesn't turn over on me, but will roll over with oat or accidental anny pulls. But, if you anny on purpose it will hold.
In the spirit of the off the beaten path, I still love my little flyer maximizer. Again, beginner to early intermediate players will love this disc. Many will say its oober understable , and maybe it is? But I have seen this thing fly to 460 straight as an arrow and set down perfectly flat with no fade. The magical thing about this disc is you don't have to throw it 450 to get a good flight out of it. Prob around a speed seven driver, but larger diameter than average driver or fairway......larger diam makes it glide for days. I might call it a wimpy arm equivalent to a dx tee bird for a bigger arm.

A DX Stingray was probably the first disc I bought after my starter three-pack. Then I lost it. Wife got me another for Father's Day... lost that, too. Yesterday in an Innova-only sporting goods store I was killing time, talking myself into a GSar Krait when I saw the lonely DX Stingray, blue like my old ones. So that's what I left with. I'm looking forward to throwing it again now that I know what I'm doing.

As far as "why doesn't everyone throw one" I'd go with a Pinnacle Rival. I know every fairway driver is a "longer Teebird," but the Rival really is. Plus, Pinnacle feels 100% better than my Champ Teebird.

Is the sting ray a disc outside of the norm? I love my stingray for 300 foot right turning shots also. It's the one one disc I can trust to glide nice and smooth to the right with out having to put any special effort into the throw. It can be hyer flipped into a straight 300 footer also.........or hyzer flipped into a later turn over if needed..... And I've got a wimpy arm. Love my stinger and it's my first and only ace disc .( A 325 foot right turning shot)

My favorite disc is a good ol' pearly champ Orc. Perfect amount of control for a disc that has some speed.Also nice and grippy, and it doesn't hurt that they're pretty as he'll. Once broken in I think it's one everyone would love.

Blowfly II (or a Blowfly or Gumbputt, I guess). I hardly ever use anything else for putts on sloped greens, short drives or long approaches on hills, or where a ricochet would be a disaster. Sticks in the chains better most of the time, floats, can hold lines, less prone to roll away, grippy, blah, blah, blah. I don't think that I will ever be without one and can't believe more people don't use them. :p

That's got to be the Discmania DD. Don't remember seeing anyone else throw one, although it must be one of the most consistent discs in any wind. Well, it doesn't go as far as some other discs, but who would always go for max d, eh? Mids, Coyote. The old ones.

Rhyno. Have a champion tye dye that I don't play without. Doesn't matter if it's windy or calm. Between that and a seasoned KC Aviar most all of my short drives and approaches are covered.

Champ Beast, it's the fastest disc I have that I can hyzer flip and get to fly straight as an arrow.

That's got to be the Discmania DD. Don't remember seeing anyone else throw one, although it must be one of the most consistent discs in any wind. Well, it doesn't go as far as some other discs, but who would always go for max d, eh? Mids, Coyote. The old ones.

I agree on both of these.

The weird ones in my bag:

Rhyno. Mainly for driving
Cobra. For higher shots that fade around a tree, very consistent for me
Saint. Use it for pretty much everything, it even flicks straight
Mamba. When I really need something to go waaaay the other direction before fading.

My choice would be the Classic Roc. The KC Pro is my go to midrange, and I have a few in different stages of wear but those are overly common. The Classic Roc was one of my first discs, in DX plastic, and it was easily one of the most consistent finesse discs I tried. It felt like it had more glide than advertised and after it beat in a little bit I could throw it straight, with hyzer or anhyzer and it would hold the line until almost the very end. After a while if a hole was 300 ft or less I was throwing it off the tee. Then one fateful day I threw it on a tight wooded hole, it glanced off a tree and kicked straight into the woods. No big deal right. I walked towards where it went only to gasp in horror as the Classic Roc was impaled on a broken branch. I tried to fix it but it never flew the same again. Currently I'm working in a Star Classic Roc to try and get the same feel out of it as the old DX with decent results.

However, to this date its still the most asked about disc I've ever had.

Limited edition material test run 2 Pure. It has worn into a driving putter that does everything. I can make it hold an anny line, fly dead straight, or a nice gentle hyzer.