• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why hasn't MVP picked up a top pro?

What about Simon? I know it may be hard to compete with discmania, but I heard at one point he was a potential MVP acquistion?

Honestly, just because someone likes our discs, doesn't mean they want to uproot their relationships with a previous sponsor.

I would love to have Simon as a part of Team MVP. I've talked with him before at the Ledgestone and he has always been great.

That being said, if he ever wants to give me a call, I would pick up the phone. :)

Honestly, just because someone likes our discs, doesn't mean they want to uproot their relationships with a previous sponsor.

I would love to have Simon as a part of Team MVP. I've talked with him before at the Ledgestone and he has always been great.

That being said, if he ever wants to give me a call, I would pick up the phone. :)

His contract is only 2 years isn't it? (as well as Eagle's) Would you approach them before they sign again, or just wait for him to contact you?

Seems like these guys know what's up. They do a good job of making discs that sell themselves...for every oldschool Innova/whatever snob that "won't touch anything else" there are a lot of other people who want to know what's up with the overmold when they see the weird discs. Or the better compliments: "That was so straight...what was that?" or "That was your putter?!"

FWIW I bag a ton of different companies, but some MVP discs are definitely in there because those ones fly the way I want, don't beat in quick, and are consistent to buy disc to disc. I don't really care if they aren't in the ITB videos, but at the same time I do like seeing a lot of my other discs in the pro's bags. So while it's not crucial I see the appeal of that side of it.

I would rather go and find players who are genuinely awesome people to be around,
Hey Steve, welcome to DGCR. Awesome guy here, so awesome in fact that even _MTL_ has apologized to me. That's just how super nice of a guy I am, you just can't stay mad at this lovable little scamp. Plus, I've probably burned at least a thousand of my posts speaking the Gospel of the Ion and that's no exaggeration...
and are willing to put in the time it takes to improve their game.
Whoa, never mind. I'm out. Ain't nobody got time for dat. Have a nice day.

Whoa, never mind. I'm out. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Just gotta schedule your time creatively ;)

4saktpq.jpg

Proxy and Envy get this sooo much.

Haha you are correct. The other day I was playing with a friend and his newb roommate and I parked a 275 foot hole with an Envy and the new guy was impressed thinking it was a driver. My buddy goes,"nah bro, that was a putter" and the guy just about fainted. Great stuff.

Jeff Faes parked hole 2 at Emerald Hills (525 feet) with an MVP driver last week. He claims to be getting 25-30ft extra with those discs. I believe him. He can really throw. On top of that, he's a great guy and represents the sport very well. Great choice MVP!

Hey Steve, welcome to DGCR. Awesome guy here, so awesome in fact that even _MTL_ has apologized to me. That's just how super nice of a guy I am, you just can't stay mad at this lovable little scamp. Plus, I've probably burned at least a thousand of my posts speaking the Gospel of the Ion and that's no exaggeration...

Whoa, never mind. I'm out. Ain't nobody got time for dat. Have a nice day.

Anyone with a One Punch man avatar is definitely the kind of person I want to be around.

Hey MVP_Steve, welcome to the site.

Years ago I complained that MVP drivers were not available in lighter weights. This was back in the pre-DGCR era. I tried to make the most cogent arguments for MVP to offer lightweight discs - the old guy market, new players, etc. But mostly I was just complaining.

Whether MVP listened, or whether MVP came to a similar conclusion on their own, is immaterial. My distance drivers are all MVP discs in the 158 - 163 range. I love the fact that when I lose one, I can get another just like it.

So thank you!

Whether a pro throws a particular disc is less relevant to me. For example, Simon Lizotte throws FDs as rollers. I throw FDs as my straight-stable fairway driver. Apparently doubling distance makes the discs fly differently.

I had no experience with, or particular opinions about, MVP until I read MVP_Steve's post.

Now I'm impressed.

Still don't know much about the discs, but I'm impressed by the Marketing & Team Manager. Thanks for posting that, Steve.

this one thread captured my attention the whole way through. and impressed me enough to say something.

i have learned a great deal about pro's, contact's and what it means to be a troll (i go elsewhere fpr my fix).

thank you disc golf companies for making products we all use. now can we get a sparkle motion ;)

Jeff Faes parked hole 2 at Emerald Hills (525 feet) with an MVP driver last week. He claims to be getting 25-30ft extra with those discs. I believe him. He can really throw. On top of that, he's a great guy and represents the sport very well. Great choice MVP!

Was it the Teleport? Cory from CCDG said he crushes that disc.