• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wierd and Wacky traditions on your home course

nate22

Eagle Member
Any wierd or strange things you all do for fun when playing a round, outside of the ordinary?

Example

When it gets a little late in the round, and winners/losers have been decided, we all enjoy a few holes of 'sound effect' golf.

Basically, person pulls the disc out of thier bag (usually going for maximum results) and tells the group the name of the disc. Once said disc is airborn the group then makes up a sound effect based on the name of the disc.

Much fun when the former Australian champ, and the current Grand Masters Champion join in :hfive:

Popular choices...

Nuke
Boss
Orc
Buzzz

So fess up....share with the group...

The Shillito Beer Putt

#10's tee pad is @80 feet from the practice basket. When you get to #10 you call for a beer putt which whomever sinks a putt in the practice basket from the #10 tee the others have to buy that person a 6 pack of beer.

the shaver afro

worst score between a certain group of friends and I when we play our weekly rounds at shaver park has to wear an afro wig during the next round. the wig is then passed on to whoever shot the worst score that round, and the process continues. it sucks trying to drive with that thing on when its like 90 goddamn degrees out

At Peak One DGC in Frico, CO there is a beer putt between holes 8 and 9.

Each player stands one footed on a small stump that is about a foot off the ground and attempts to land a putter on top of another stump (about putter sized and level with the ground) that is about 30 ft away down a steep hill.

If successful, the rest of the card owes that player a beer (or whatever other winnings are agreed upon beforehand)

At Peak One DGC in Frico, CO there is a beer putt between holes 8 and 9.

Each player stands one footed on a small stump that is about a foot off the ground and attempts to land a putter on top of another stump (about putter sized and level with the ground) that is about 30 ft away down a steep hill.

If successful, the rest of the card owes that player a beer (or whatever other winnings are agreed upon beforehand)

Has anyone made that shot yet? If so, I think a six pack is in order.

If you don't make it to the women's tee you have hang your tally wacker out till the next hole :)

The Shillito Beer Putt

#10's tee pad is @80 feet from the practice basket. When you get to #10 you call for a beer putt which whomever sinks a putt in the practice basket from the #10 tee the others have to buy that person a 6 pack of beer.

I'll have to do that the next time I'm out there.

there is a basketball court between the 18th basket and the parking lot at Parmalee Park (Michigan). About 20 yards out from the court is this patch of grass. If you make your disc in the hoop from the patch the group/other player owes you a sixer of your choice of beer.

If you manage to hit the fire hydrant in the fairway on #7 at LTC it's a two-stroke penalty with a re-tee. :) Nobody's done that yet, but I make sure to announce it on the tee every time I'm showing someone around the course.

40 hole!!! After the 5th alternate on the front 9 lagoon valley. Stand on a 3x2 rock and throw across the street to hole 9s basket at 105 ft. make it you get a 40

we all enjoy a few holes of 'sound effect' golf.

Much fun when the former Australian champ, and the current Grand Masters Champion join in :hfive:

1323601365192.jpg

When someone in you group gets 6 birdies in a row everbody else in the group owes that person a 6'er of their choice. So far i've gotten more than i've had to buy for someone else.

When someone in you group gets 6 birdies in a row everbody else in the group owes that person a 6'er of their choice.

Cool idea, never heard of this one. You could add it to the regular line up of 51 and play 651.

edit: is that 1 total 6'er from the group? reminds me a little of "case for an ace."

Last edited:
there is a basketball court between the 18th basket and the parking lot at Parmalee Park (Michigan). About 20 yards out from the court is this patch of grass. If you make your disc in the hoop from the patch the group/other player owes you a sixer of your choice of beer.

Same course, there's a 7 foot high stone pyramid about 75 feet from the practice basket. We like to stand precariously on top and throw discs at the basket. We haven't played for beer yet, but I'm suggesting it next time out :hfive:

the shaver afro

worst score between a certain group of friends and I when we play our weekly rounds at shaver park has to wear an afro wig during the next round. the wig is then passed on to whoever shot the worst score that round, and the process continues. it sucks trying to drive with that thing on when its like 90 goddamn degrees out

I like this one. Makes it fun for a casual round.

Has anyone made that shot yet? If so, I think a six pack is in order.

Ive come extremely close and seen others come close too. Never witnessed a successful attempt though.

The secret is to loft a putter upside down so it comes straight down and sits. The fact that the stump you're aiming for is level with the ground helps as you can get some slide going rather than having to land it directly on an elevated surface.

Latest posts