• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wii Disc Golf Game

read the whole post there are two great links to more information about this game. I think the only part of the game that is troublesome to me is my buddies or wife throwing the remote through the TV

I have two little ones and can't get out to the course, or even outside enough, so I will welcome the WII game and buy it on the first day of release. Maybe in a couple of years when the kids are older, I will put down the WII remote forever, and go play everyday with the kids. My 5 year old already has his own discs, but gets bored after a couple of holes and hates walking the course (it is over a mile when you think about it)
try bringing their bikes, my kids little legs dont hold up very long either and the little basket is a good place to hold their discs. plus when they get tired of playin they can just ride along with daddy since all they really want to do is just be there and feel like a part of the group.:)

2 new disc golf games for the Wii with Motion Plus

I recently bought two games for the Wii that include Disc Golf. Tiger Woods '10 and Wii Sports Resort. Both utilize the new Wii Motion Plus (a device that allows the controller to have a full 360' range of motion and 1:1 response of what you do with hand---basically what we all thought the Wii was to begin with!!!)

Anyways, both games include a disc golf game as part of their offering. They are both similar, you pick from only 3 discs (driver, mid, putter), and you use a disc throwing motion to play. Basically neither are awesome enough for the serious disc golfer. The potential is still there for a great disc golf game to be made (especially with the new Motion Plus add-on).

The Wii Sports Resort version has some oddities. There are no baskets, instead, just a large column of light on the ball golf green (uses same course as ball golf for the game). You just have to get your disc in the light column to "hole out". It is very large around and seems to be infinitely tall!!!! The discs you choose from are also three very different sizes (not weight, but diameter), driver being the largest. The last thing is the discs flight pattern- they float high and travel very slowly.

The Sports Resort also includes another disc throwing game where you throw to a target and your little dog goes and catches it. Different idea, but it gets pretty boring rather quickly.

Do not buy these games purely for disc golf or you will be disappointed, but on the other hand, it should be great exposure to many people who have never heard of or tried disc golf, and maybe after playing it on the video game they would seek out their local course and try it for real.

Also, if anybody has anymore questions about the 2 games (or the one as part of the older Big Beach Sports) I will be happy to answer them.

On the woods version you play the real ball golf courses so there is not much challege of trees or objects to throw over or around. Some OB sand traps. Just huckin straight.
The beach party version at least has thumber and forehand options the woods doesn't.
The woods is the least cartoony. Potetntial for a good game, I heard of a "pdga" approved one in the near future.

Latest posts