• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will Acetone take off a crapy dye job?

Rowick

So I just lost my disc dyeing virginity, and as is often the case I was poorly informed and that led to a disappointing result. I was using the shaving cream method, and I used Rit, and it barely took. I would kinda like to try it agian with Idyeploy but there is a little bit of residual dye on the disc, and I would like to start with a clean slate would rubbing it down with acetone take that off?

Nope. You can try, but probably not. Sounds like you maybe had a batch of the new Rit --- only old Rit works, as they changed their formula, which is why everyone is using iDye Poly now.

What he said...Nope.
The only way to recover from a bad dye job is to be creative an try to overlay another dye, if possible. It's a long shot to try, but unfortunately the old dye job probably cannot be removed.

I think it came out alright you can barely see the old dye job its a kinda bluie-gray between the yellow and red Dye1.jpg

Latest posts