• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Will Innova make discs similar to the Atlas?

Does anybody know how the weight distribution of the Innova Atlas is different from an MVP Vector? MVP discs say Gyro on them, and I'm sure it's patented, but that doesn't mean that the overmold is any more dense than the flight plate.

I've been to the MVP factory, played with the oompa loompas, and I can tell you for sure that the overmold is more dense than the core.

As far as the Atlas goes, we don't have any definitive information. Dave D. said in his video that when they messed with the weight of the overmold it didn't have noticeable effect....However, I think he is not telling the truth. My evidence of this so far is this: all of the overmolds are the same gummy star/pro, and I'm guessing their weighted. Otherwise their would be more variation in the overmolds. People seem to be describing a more gyroscopic flight out of the Atlas, which would also point to the outside being weighted.

Anyone know the weight range for the Atlas currently?

I've been to the MVP factory, played with the oompa loompas, and I can tell you for sure that the overmold is more dense than the core.

As far as the Atlas goes, we don't have any definitive information. Dave D. said in his video that when they messed with the weight of the overmold it didn't have noticeable effect....However, I think he is not telling the truth. My evidence of this so far is this: all of the overmolds are the same gummy star/pro, and I'm guessing their weighted. Otherwise their would be more variation in the overmolds. People seem to be describing a more gyroscopic flight out of the Atlas, which would also point to the outside being weighted.

Anyone know the weight range for the Atlas currently?

Thanks for the MVP information straight from the source. I think Innova has a chance to make discs that are very gyroscopic if they choose to go that way due to the amount of plastic in the overmold.

@ Discspeed - my Atlas flies a lot like my Tangent. I'll be throwing them side by side today to compare.

Latest posts