• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Will Innova make discs similar to the Atlas?

LavaBoii

So I imagine that this new 2-piece disc concept that Innova is using might not be a one time thing if the Atlas is accepted as a decent disc in the disc golf scene. MVP currently doesn't make any drivers with their 2-piece discs so could Innova be the first to do it!? I think that the insertion points that Innova is using on the Atlas could help make a driver more durable??? And what about different plastics for the Atlas and similar discs from Innova!? Toss around some ideas, just tryna have fun with the idea.

So I imagine that this new 2-piece disc concept that Innova is using might not be a one time thing if the Atlas is accepted as a decent disc in the disc golf scene. MVP currently doesn't make any drivers with their 2-piece discs so could Innova be the first to do it!? I think that the insertion points that Innova is using on the Atlas could help make a driver more durable??? And what about different plastics for the Atlas and similar discs from Innova!? Toss around some ideas, just tryna have fun with the idea.

I'm pretty sure that MVP makes three different drivers: Shock, Volt, and Amp.

I feel that MVP will most likely make the first overmold distance drivers (I count the drivers they have now as Fairway Drivers). Also I think that overmolding is getting more popular than it was in the past (yes I know MVP didn't invent it) so I bet other companies that haven't made discs like this may start to now. This is all just speculation..we'll just have to wait & see.

I'm pretty sure that MVP considers all of those discs fairways. I'm talking distance drivers.

Ahh. You didn't specify distance driver in your original post. MVP calls the Shock, Volt, and Amp fairway drivers, so technically they make drivers. They don't yet make distance drivers.

bug

Innova certainly has the money for the R&D and whatever prototyping that needs to be done if that is actually the major obstacle to getting something to retail.

I'm honestly surprised that MVP hasn't put out a max distance driver. Seems like it could be easy money for them considering the prices they can command right out of the gate.

Overmold was just them dipping their toes into the water. Get ready...

quiver_800.jpg

I see this being a one hit wonder by them.

I don't know,just something in my gut tells me they just made this just to make it.

If you want to go with Overmold stick with MVP. The Atlas is ok,but I would rather throw an Axis anyday.

Quest did it it sucked.....I love innova but come the **** on :wall:
Oh did you hear discrafts gonna be making a 5 piece buzzz next year that when you turn rim 2 clockwise and rim 4 counter clockwise it finds the basket automatic its a new patent they have been working on called chain sniffer I also heard that santa and the easter bunny are gonna be sponsered players for mvp so watch out old timers ****s shaking up

The previous statement was just a joke not to be misconstrued as hating on any person brand or fanboy except the santa part:popcorn:

I'm pretty sure that MVP considers all of those discs fairways. I'm talking distance drivers.

They call them Fairway Drivers.. But they are speed 9 which is Distance Driver in Innova's books.

I would imagine if sales are good on the Atlas they will milk this for all it's worth.

I think Innova will have an overmolded high speed driver before mvp. Innova has the Atlas out and they look really good so now it's time to flood the market.

Atlas

I see this being a one hit wonder by them.

I don't know,just something in my gut tells me they just made this just to make it.

If you want to go with Overmold stick with MVP. The Atlas is ok,but I would rather throw an Axis anyday.
I sort of thought the same thing but this is a quote from an Innova East guy regarding the Atlas (from an email exchange).

"As you can imagine, we are anxious to hear feedback about the Atlas. There are some unique and interesting things we can do with this new technology."

Latest posts