• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Golf in Milwaukee!!

Shuie

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
So, I am wondering what courses are still in the ground during winter in Milwaukee?? I was planning on heading that way for a weekend, I am trying to bag whatever courses are there. So, any Information would be great appreciated!!!

I believe all of them are. Im not sure about the regular Dretzka course but the winter course is in. Brown Deer is play to all long baskets. Challenging enough during the other seasons but winter adds the extra challenge of layers and snow. Remember its $5 a day for as many as you can play...enjoy.

Dretzka winter is 27 holes. It's not the best course but it's secluded and I prefer it over the regular course

Ok, enough about Drezka(had planned on getting there).. You guys know anything about the Kenosha and Racine courses??

I am pretty sure the Kenosha course is in. Terry Miller had a tournament there on Saturday.

I'm not sure if The Orchid is still in the ground. Memorial Park in Cascade is hit or miss...not sure if it's all in the ground, or any of it. Meyer Park is in all year...and I live a half block away. You should hit me up if/when you get there. Not sure what they're doing with the Marsh course...it's new, and kind of a mess.

Anyone got any other ideas for me?? Perhaps someone would like to meet up for a round of two as well???

Last edited:
Silver Fox west of Kenosha. Play that and Fairfield in northern Illinois. Grey-Red Fox are also right down the street from the Silver Fox

Anyone got any other ideas for me?? Perhaps someone would like to meet up for a round of two as well???

Have you played the full 18 at Stoney Creek?

I'd probably play the Slinger courses with you depending on when you come through.

So, this is my proposed list that I would be playing. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/roadtrips.php?mid=8507&tid=3518
You guys see anything that might not work please let me know.
Also, I am looking for some cheap places to stay hotel, motel, or what now??

Cheapest places are down by the airport. There is a Motel 6 on College Ave. for under $40, there's also a Value Inn that I stayed at quite a few times on Ryan Rd. that was fairly cheap, and the same guy owns another Value Inn in Kenosha, which is a block or two from the Brat Stop. Everything on the north side of Milwaukee is expensive unless you go all the way to Sheboygan.

Last edited:
Right on, As of know I am looking to play through all the Milwaukee courses by sundown and maybe even get Johnson Park in Racine. Prolly getting the cheapest hotel i can find in the area and then play my way through Kenosha's courses then on to Silver Fox and from there playing North on my way home. Not sure if i will grab any type of lodging after that unless, someone is offering some free lodging.

Stoney Creek now has concrete tees, two per hole. Definitely worth the play if you haven't played it, or haven't been there in a while.

So, this is the 2nd time people have mentioned Stoney Hill in Fredonia. I don't really remember the course but then again it looks like its been redesigned. Would this course be better to hit up during the summer?? You guys are kinda making it sound like a must play in the area, is this true??

So, this is the 2nd time people have mentioned Stoney Hill in Fredonia. I don't really remember the course but then again it looks like its been redesigned. Would this course be better to hit up during the summer?? You guys are kinda making it sound like a must play in the area, is this true??

Stoney Creek. It used to be called Marie Krause when it was a 9 holer.

Don't be fooled by the ratings....the whole thing was a redesign, with only a few holes left behind. The new holes are spectacular, with lots of trees and water. Two concrete pads on each hole. Plenty of distance from the longs (and some from the shorts). I'm waiting to rate it until it's completely done, but I expect to give it a 4.5, at least.

They really should just start a new page for it on here, as the old ratings are completely inapplicable for what it is now.

I would say I might save this one for Spring/Summer. The whole goal of this trip really is to bag the heck out everything really South of Milwaukee (Mostly about just getting as many courses as possible). So, i think i will save Stoney Creek for a slower day were i can really enjoy it and give it a decent review.

I would say I might save this one for Spring/Summer. The whole goal of this trip really is to bag the heck out everything really South of Milwaukee (Mostly about just getting as many courses as possible). So, i think i will save Stoney Creek for a slower day were i can really enjoy it and give it a decent review.

Smart move. You'll want to play it more than once. The shorts and longs both have their charms, and very different lines on a lot of holes. Wait until summer. It can chew up discs in the spring when it's wet/river is high.

So, the more and more i keep looking at the weather, the more I keep pushing back this trip. As of right now, it looks like i will be heading down for this trip at the end of the month.

Latest posts