• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Play

Discin in the winter is great.Went out this morning about 11:30 at Basset (4-5 inchs fell 12-23,did 24 holes at plymouth creek,was rough lol) and had a blast.Nothing better in WD then being the first person out with no tracks.
like previous poster said follow a single track,backtrack if able and no white discs.
Happy Holidays

www.playdg.com very professional site on dg courses.

It just seemed a little out of place is all. You were talking about playing in the winter and then took a left turn at the end there.

playdg.com is one the best course photo sites for MN courses as well as other Midwestern courses. I used it extensively to determine what courses I would play when I went to the twin cities.

Maybe a deal could be worked out between this site and theirs to share course photos.:)

I usually link them as "Course Walkthrough" in the Links/Files parts of courses. I know DGCR has photos for some of the same courses but others are photoless at the moment.

Winter play

It was my mistake to Not fully read the faqs/What are referrals? Iwas not trying to gain any advantages etc.Sorry

Anyhow,what a nice day again with 2" fresh snow.Shattered an old comet yesterday that lived thru a house fire.Lol was depressed and bought 3 new discs on ebay..coyote,esp crush and a star aero..28$ sweeeet! Will go to plymouth creek later after some quick house chores. ( :mad: wife )

Good luck

No need to apologize and I'm jealous, I'm stuck at work :(

Went to Basset creek again today for the last time for a couple days.Weekend shift starts fri-sunday.I added up all the holes and counted 90 holes in 6 days.Tired and battered now uggg.

Have a good weekend all

Not much winter here but I got up early on Christmas Eve (overnite temp was 24) and played. Probably nothing to some of you Northern guys but quite cold for us Southerners.

Current Conditions:
Light Snow, 4°, Feels like: -14°
Wind: 16 mph
Ok so I am going to try to go out to Plymouth creek now.If ya dont see a post from me in a few days ya better call for help lol
Hope all had a great New Years

You are on your own. I am safely inside watching football. 49 and sunny here by the way.

I like to play when it is cold. No sweat pooring down my face, my hands are dry, and I can sneak a round in at lunch and still go back to work without smelling like a locker room.

With the hot weather we are having right now I look forward to it.

Throwing in the cold is great. I have great ski gear, so I can dress light and still stay plenty warm. You just have to really pay attention to where your disc lands in the snow. I think I'm going to invest in some colored chalk this winter to mark up my rim, though.

Latest posts