• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Play

I don't do cold. Under 38, I am in the house playing the Wii.

I'll take cold over hot any day. I vacation in the mountains in the winter. I hate sweating just standing outside. Once you get moving in the cold, you don't feel it (as long as you are dressed appropriately).

Another Buffalo, NY player here. I guess we get a little snow up here. I play here and there when the conditions are right. I have a group of friends that will call me during a blizzard though and ask if I want to play. Insanity.

Another Buffalo, NY player here. I guess we get a little snow up here. I play here and there when the conditions are right. I have a group of friends that will call me during a blizzard though and ask if I want to play. Insanity.

I'd play in a blizzard before rain any day. I can't stand playing when I'm soaked from head to toe. The fun is just gone from the game for me at that point.

I don't mind the cold, I kind of miss playing in February. What bothers me is breaking a sweat when it's cold. I'm not in good enough shape to play Emery when winter rolls around unless I take four hours or so, lol.

I played disc golf in Iowa all year round. All weather conditions. The snow and cold are just another challenge to the game. Watch your discs closely though, or you wont find them agian until the thaw. I will were a glove on my left hand and the right hand which I throw with I use those instant heat packs and keep my hand warm in my pocket until time to throw.

Last day of the County Fair so we're already thinking about winter? :)

I've found hot pink to be the best color for visibility in snow. Some people also tape a 3-4' length of ribbon to the bottom of their disc. (The thin kind used for balloons). If the disc burrows, the ribbon is usually still visible.

So you want me to throw hot pink discs with ribbons attached to them?
Thanks for the tip.
By the way, New England Patriots jerseys are the best way to stay warm at a Bills game.
^^
lol

Seriously guys, it's mid-August and we are talking about golfing in the winter? I live in WI so I'm used to it, but I'd still take a nice cool fall day over snow! No more talk of snow!

NorCal mountains get snow, but not where im at.
Hail at worst. Heavy rains I'll wear snowboard jacket and waterproof hiking boots and just do the damn thing.
no snow experience.

Latest posts