• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wisconsin hits 200 courses!

puttlikeablowfly

Birdie Member
I just added to the directory a course I helped design. Ripley Park in Cambridge, just east of Madison, opens tomorrow afternoon. According to the directory, Wisconsin will now have 200 permanent or seasonal courses. :clap: Let's keep the momentum going and get to 300 soon!

Wisconsin has so many great courses, but I have played so few! Now that I have a drivers licence hopefully I can play many more this summer.

Wow 200 courses and I have only played 32! Well, I am knocking at least 2 more off on Friday. Then I only have another 166 to go.

Awesome, on Wisconsin! I know of a course that is not listed but it's private and I don't think the guy in charge would appreciate the publicity:(

I have a map from 2001, the year after I started playing, that shows all the known public or publicly accessible disc golf courses in Wisconsin at the time, from the website discoverwisc. There were 38 courses, and by 2002, I had probably played 3/4 of them. Now, I'm barely over 1/4 of the total.

Damnit I just hit 69.3% now I have another to hit . . . good thing I need to hit a few more out your way before heading straight north up 39. Today I hit 9 new courses 8 of which were near Green Bay or north along the bay . . . I am starting to like viewing the map of unplayed in WI . .. it is getting smaller and smaller

Damnit I just hit 69.3% now I have another to hit . . . good thing I need to hit a few more out your way before heading straight north up 39. Today I hit 9 new courses 8 of which were near Green Bay or north along the bay . . . I am starting to like viewing the map of unplayed in WI . .. it is getting smaller and smaller

Wait, you played 9 different courses in one day? Holy mother. I'm pretty sure that would kill me. How many holes was that?

Nine new courses in one day is insane.

Keep up the good work.:thmbup:

Congrats Wisconsin! I can remeber when there was 100 courses in the whole country, and now Wisconsin has 200 courses itself! (And people are worried about the growth of our sport:confused:)

To all the Wisconsinites: Where would you like to see a new course put in? Our state has a good coverage of courses except for a few areas.

I would like to see a course in north central Wisconsin, or somewhere near there. Ladysmith would be a good place, as it's located in the middle of a dead zone for courses.

Other than that I am slowly putting together a proposal for a course in New Richmond as a class project. After I finish it and it's graded I am going to turn it into the parks and rec department. The city is already planning a course, but the location is in a new park that has been a works in progress since 2006 and they have yet to do anything out there besides a few walking paths. It's also an old farm field, so super flat and wide open.

Last edited:
Way to disc golf, WI!!! Joining Texas and CA as the only states with 200+ courses!

MN with 187 next in line.

we have a new 18 being built in central wisconsin. the first 9 are in but they are kind of rough at the moment. rubber tee pads are going in and the back 9 should be in by the end of summer. yellowbanks park. i think its on here already. so within 30-45 mins i have 9 or 10 courses. pretty sweet.

hitting up tree haven and sandy point tomorrow actually before leagues at yellowbanks actually!

we have a new 18 being built in central wisconsin. the first 9 are in but they are kind of rough at the moment. rubber tee pads are going in and the back 9 should be in by the end of summer. yellowbanks park. i think its on here already. so within 30-45 mins i have 9 or 10 courses. pretty sweet.

hitting up tree haven and sandy point tomorrow actually before leagues at yellowbanks actually!

Played yellow banks last monday, wrote a review and posted pics. I really like the first 9. Way to go WADGE and whomever else is involved.:thmbup:

To all the Wisconsinites: Where would you like to see a new course put in? Our state has a good coverage of courses except for a few areas.

There's a huge dead zone from Madison west all the way to the state line.