• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minneapolis Massacre = 100 courses in 10 days

If you do play those get the one from Minneapolis/St Paul area that has the Cone holes. A tip I saw online is to play these with a Frisbee or other large big disc like a Zepher on the putts or an Ultimate disc, a Lid Disc Golf Disc will work in a pinch. A guy on YouTube made the putt because he had a 100 mold 175 gram or the Ultimate mold 175 gram from Wham-O as both are the same mold. My Uncle and cousin were going to go and play that same course in the 2000's but my cousin got a tip and bought a Arrow putter from Aerobie to help with putts into the cone hole, a disc he still uses for wind and for hazard putts where the disc needs to sit. The uncle had a Zephyr with him to warm up or play with already so when he played he had a disc ready to use.

The cone-hole course is Hansen Park.

I played Visionquest for my one thousand course.

Brewery counts at 6.

Are you going to hit course 1000 on this trip? <3 What course will get the honor?

I see that Snappy already hit 500 played on this trip. Congratulations to him.

But the important question is: What is the current brewery count?

That was us!!!

Very cool

Pretty sure I threw down hole 18 with you three at Hyland, if you were the guys that threw the 9 holer + hole 18. You mentioned it was your 11th course of the day?

We've played two cone basket courses so far. Very fun. Played Moir Park and a KOA in the south of the state with them. Good times.

If you do play those get the one from Minneapolis/St Paul area that has the Cone holes. A tip I saw online is to play these with a Frisbee or other large big disc like a Zepher on the putts or an Ultimate disc, a Lid Disc Golf Disc will work in a pinch. A guy on YouTube made the putt because he had a 100 mold 175 gram or the Ultimate mold 175 gram from Wham-O as both are the same mold. My Uncle and cousin were going to go and play that same course in the 2000's but my cousin got a tip and bought a Arrow putter from Aerobie to help with putts into the cone hole, a disc he still uses for wind and for hazard putts where the disc needs to sit. The uncle had a Zephyr with him to warm up or play with already so when he played he had a disc ready to use.

Kinda chilling today, no golf till noon. 8 days down and 81 courses played for me. Not all new but still good times. Yesterday saw us play some private courses. Heading back to the Twin Cities today to chill. Weather has been rough a few days but we're still trying to get what we can in.

We've played two cone basket courses so far. Very fun. Played Moir Park and a KOA in the south of the state with them. Good times.

I haven't played Moir in years, are they all cones right now? I thought they had to replace some with chains. Also, which KOA had the cones?

Cone hole gossip: Apparently the last known cone holes on earth were being horded by Charlie at GGGT. People (Kennedy?) wanted to buy them from Charlie to make Hansen park all cone holes again (a couple had been stolen and replaced with chains). Charlie held out for years thinking the cone holes would become valuable at some point as a collectors item. Last year he finally gave in and sold them for a reasonable amount, allowing Hansen to be all cones once more.

Some other local yokel will need to confirm this 100% hearsay story.

Kinda chilling today, no golf till noon. 8 days down and 81 courses played for me. Not all new but still good times. Yesterday saw us play some private courses. Heading back to the Twin Cities today to chill. Weather has been rough a few days but we're still trying to get what we can in.

So take this down time to tell us how great we are here in MN :) What is your assessment of the courses in general and individually? We all consider ourselves Mecca 1B, are we far off?

I haven't played Moir in years, are they all cones right now? I thought they had to replace some with chains. Also, which KOA had the cones?

Cone hole gossip: Apparently the last known cone holes on earth were being horded by Charlie at GGGT. People (Kennedy?) wanted to buy them from Charlie to make Hansen park all cone holes again (a couple had been stolen and replaced with chains). Charlie held out for years thinking the cone holes would become valuable at some point as a collectors item. Last year he finally gave in and sold them for a reasonable amount, allowing Hansen to be all cones once more.

Some other local yokel will need to confirm this 100% hearsay story.

I know zero on this scuttlebutt, but I do seem to recall seeing cones in that loft area at GGGT.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20190528_121533.jpg
    20190528_121533.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 122
It's over. 10 days of golf. I played 93 courses in that time and visited 6 breweries. 87 courses were new to me with 6 repeat courses. I probably would of easily got the 100 courses if it wasn't for the rain a few days.
3 cone courses, Moir, Hansen, and KOA Campground in Owatonna. Minnesota has some great courses. Top five courses of the trip and in no order are : Trail of the gods, Bryant Lake, Visionquest, Vallarta, and blue Ribbon. Top three 9 hole courses of trip for me were: Buckrub, Moir Park, and golden Eagle. First time I can remember playing on so many Kingpin baskets. Minnesota ranks third for me behind Portland and Charlotte for hot spots I enjoy disc golf with a ton of courses.

It's over. 10 days of golf. I played 93 courses in that time and visited 6 breweries. 87 courses were new to me with 6 repeat courses. I probably would of easily got the 100 courses if it wasn't for the rain a few days.
3 cone courses, Moir, Hansen, and KOA Campground in Owatonna. Minnesota has some great courses. Top five courses of the trip and in no order are : Trail of the gods, Bryant Lake, Visionquest, Vallarta, and blue Ribbon. Top three 9 hole courses of trip for me were: Buckrub, Moir Park, and golden Eagle. First time I can remember playing on so many Kingpin baskets. Minnesota ranks third for me behind Portland and Charlotte for hot spots I enjoy disc golf with a ton of courses.

Portland?! I don't hear that often for Mecca. What is your elevator pitch on Portland?