• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Midwestern Tour – Late Fall Edition

Firstly, Spousal Unit appreciates all of the well-wishes. Thanks, all!

Arrived home after a road-salt slushie adventure over the mountains, and unloaded the car in short sleeves. Good to be back in MD! :)

Thanks again to nothinbuttree, BuiltTooLong, and the wolfhaleys for their pleasant company and expert course guide services. Apologies to those we had hoped to meet but circumstances intervened. Maybe we can try again next time we visit that lovely and disc golf-rich part of the country.

Not the trip either of us had hoped for, but I did get to play 2 new states (Iowa, Minnesota), one new state #1 (Echo Valley), and 10 new courses. Also had some excellent family time, including a round with my nephew who hadn't played for 10 years.

Probably most entertaining was 8+ year old Red Dog playing for 3 days straight with a 7-month old German Shorthaired Pointer pup. They probably had the best time of anyone. :D

Final course tally:

The Glades at Meshach Run
Echo Valley - Ohio #1
Megiddo DGC
Slattery Park
Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park
Nubbs Nine
Lafayette Town Hall Park
Kaposia Park
North Valley
Braem Park

Definitely want to play Megiddo again when I don't have to worry about every throw disappearing under a fluffy carpet of oak leaves. That course is spectacular. :thmbup:

Carrying the Pug down carpeted stairs in wet socks and slipped. Broke tibia and fibula. Fortunately sis-in-law volunteers at the hospital a couple blocks away.

(I would normally be reluctant to share medical info but she posted the X-ray on bookface . . .)

Ouch. Broke my tib/fib last summer jetskiing of all things.. and it happened on the second day of a week long DG trip.. at the beginning of summer too.

Was not a fun two and a half months. Pretty much tortured myself looking at all the courses I was suppose to bag that summer on uDisc and DGCR.

Ouch. Broke my tib/fib last summer jetskiing of all things.. and it happened on the second day of a week long DG trip.. at the beginning of summer too.

Ugh, that sounds like pure torment. I hope you have better timing next time you break a leg. ;)

Was not a fun two and a half months. Pretty much tortured myself looking at all the courses I was suppose to bag that summer on uDisc and DGCR.

I was out jet skiing as a teenager and one member of our group also broke his leg as well. They were horsing around with each other racing and acting like 18 year olds do and collided. I'd bet people get smashed up jet skiing all the time. Lower leg, so either tib fib or both, can't recall.

Firstly, Spousal Unit appreciates all of the well-wishes. Thanks, all!

Arrived home after a road-salt slushie adventure over the mountains, and unloaded the car in short sleeves. Good to be back in MD! :)

Thanks again to nothinbuttree, BuiltTooLong, and the wolfhaleys for their pleasant company and expert course guide services. Apologies to those we had hoped to meet but circumstances intervened. Maybe we can try again next time we visit that lovely and disc golf-rich part of the country.

Not the trip either of us had hoped for, but I did get to play 2 new states (Iowa, Minnesota), one new state #1 (Echo Valley), and 10 new courses. Also had some excellent family time, including a round with my nephew who hadn't played for 10 years.

Probably most entertaining was 8+ year old Red Dog playing for 3 days straight with a 7-month old German Shorthaired Pointer pup. They probably had the best time of anyone. :D

Final course tally:

The Glades at Meshach Run
Echo Valley - Ohio #1
Megiddo DGC
Slattery Park
Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park
Nubbs Nine
Lafayette Town Hall Park
Kaposia Park
North Valley
Braem Park

Definitely want to play Megiddo again when I don't have to worry about every throw disappearing under a fluffy carpet of oak leaves. That course is spectacular. :thmbup:

what was the top 3

what was the top 3

1. Megiddo
2. Echo Valley
3. Dubuque Veterans and Kaposia

Note: The fact that Dubuque was 70 degrees and Kaposia was 30 degrees may have played a factor. ;)

Honorable mention: The Glades at Meshach Run - surprisingly fun and varied for a 9-hole course with an overly pretentious name. :)

is the town really named Accident?

Haha, yes. Name supposedly derives from the 1780s when two land surveys "accidentally" chose the same plot of land.

Yeah, I think they could make up a better story than that.

Latest posts