• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Midwestern tour

What have been the highlights so far? The Foxes are so fun too, I'm jealous. Need to get back down there.

Canyons has been the most fun so far. Each hole is challenging and distinctive, and after watching video coverage it was like playing a course I already know for the first time.

NoBo was pretty amazing, even though the front 9 made me dread trudging up yet another steep hill. But the course repaid the effort and then some.

Wish I could have played the long woods holes at Fairfield, but Red Dog was seriously dragging in the heat. Still, a very nice course.

I also enjoyed Phillips Park more than I expected. Beautiful views, huge trees, friendly folks, lovely little neighborhood course.

I love threads like this.... I watch a lot of coaster vids on youtube and a lot of those vids are like a parallel universe version of course baggers. They travel all over to ride coasters to "credits" the same way you guys bag courses. Only i get to read about it rather than watch it.

Keep doing what you do fellas.:thmbup:

I love threads like this.... I watch a lot of coaster vids on youtube and a lot of those vids are like a parallel universe version of course baggers. They travel all over to ride coasters to "credits" the same way you guys bag courses. Only i get to read about it rather than watch it.

Keep doing what you do fellas.:thmbup:

like roller coasters or what

Well....Some updates maybe :popcorn:

Standing Rocks is awful. Or maybe it's just me. Turns out it's just me.

Well....Some updates maybe :popcorn:

Fox River - Red Fox
Fox River - Grey Fox
Silver Fox DGC
Wilderness DGC (loved it!)
McDill Pond
Yulga Park (but you knew those last two - thanks for the course guide services :))
Tower Ridge II (thanks jakebake91 :thmbup:)
Tower Ridge I
HBH - Granite Ridge
HBH - Blueberry Hill (thanks darkgreen!)

Plans are to hit Woodland Greens and The Bear this morning, and then head to Marquette, MI.

You still plan on going to Burchfield and Hudson Mills? What days you looking at?

Any sweet Aces to report??

Haha. Aced #16 at HBH - Woodland Greens. 165' slightly downhill with an XT Stud. As reported elsewhere. :)

So the updates:

HBH - Woodland Greens
Powder Mill (MI - new state!)
Silver Creek

Plan is to hit Deerfield x 2 tomorrow on the way to my cousin's house.

You still plan on going to Burchfield and Hudson Mills? What days you looking at?

Burchfield is looking iffy - might spend more time visiting my cousin. I will know more tomorrow evening.

If I skip Burchfield I will probably hit Hudson Mills on Friday, time TBD.

Burchfield is pretty awesome. I enjoyed Powder Mill greatly, don't skip.

Burchfield is pretty awesome. I enjoyed Powder Mill greatly, don't skip.

If you had to choose between Burchfield and Hudson Mills, which would you play? Bonus points if you 'splain why. :)

If you had to choose between Burchfield and Hudson Mills, which would you play? Bonus points if you 'splain why. :)

If you only have time for one course, hit Burchfield Devil's Den, and feel free to mix/match long short tees to long/short pins. If you have time for both courses, but only one, "two course destination," still hit Burchfield.

Devil's Den, is better than either course at Hudson Mills. Some might even say Rivers Edge is, too (bug spray is a must if you're going to play river's Edge this time of year).

The two courses at Burchfield have quite different personalities, and compliment each other well. While both courses at Hudson Mills are quite good, they don't feel all that different from each other.

Burchfield is two complete 18's. Hudson is 2x 24, but there's a decent amount of redundancy in each of the 24's, especially Original.

This coming from someone who's pretty local to Hudson Mills.

Last edited:
I just try to keep up with the important news here.

Me too. That's why I'm a little disappointed in not knowing how the red dogs been dealing with eating out of a Wombat. I had a perfectly perfect green platebee available.

But I guess it's all about aces for some people 😁

Latest posts