• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Midwestern Tour – Late Fall Edition

I've only played it once, and didn't encounter any quicksand. But if taking the I-94 route from Chippewa Falls to Menomonee Falls, in November, that's actually a fantastic choice. If I did have a favorite 6 hole course list, that one might actually take top honors. Right off the expressway too.

expert opinion all around

. . . But if taking the I-94 route from Chippewa Falls to Menomonee Falls, in November, that's actually a fantastic choice. If I did have a favorite 6 hole course list, that one might actually take top honors. Right off the expressway too.

Fabulous, thanks!

expert opinion all around

Local wisdom is always appreciated! And for some of you baggers, "local" covers a good chunk of the country. :clap:

Best guess is that we will be at Echo Valley around 11:30 or so on Tuesday 11/8. If that is a convenient time and you want to meet up, let me know and we can work out details.

If the middle of a work day is not convenient, no worries - but I appreciate the offer. :)

Played there for the first time this summer and had no issues getting around. Absolutely loved this park and course, hopefully not all the leaves are on the ground for you. Enjoy! :hfive:

Best guess is that we will be at Echo Valley around 11:30 or so on Tuesday 11/8. If that is a convenient time and you want to meet up, let me know and we can work out details.

If the middle of a work day is not convenient, no worries - but I appreciate the offer. :)

Awesome, will PM you my info. :)

More driving than playing so far, but we did stay with friends who shared some delicious cocktails and bourbons. :D

The Glades at Meshach Run - Surprisingly varied 9-hole course
Echo Valley - ably guided by nothinbuttree and offspring (nothinbutbranch?) ;)

Weather has been lovely so far, warm and breezy, but we are likely to drive into winter before long.

Ran out of daylight for Camden II so I shall have to play that another time. Did manage to play:

Megiddo DGC - loved it!
Slattery Park - new state: Iowa!

thats quite the trade off

No argument there. :rolleyes:

Megiddo is fantastic. Not your typical Illinois course, that's for sure.

Yes, Megiddo was much more extreme than I expected. In a good way.

Except once when I threw to the wrong basket and had to go on an extreme adventure to retrieve what would have been a pretty decent upshot. :\

Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park, ably guided by BuiltTooLong. Very fun course, and thanks for the tour guide services!

Nubbs Nine - also fun, despite some future lawsuit holes (throwing OVER a pavilion, etc.).

I was sad to drive by Veterans Hills and Justin Trails in the impending darkness. Oh well. The unglaciated part of Wisconsin is quite lovely.

Probably family stuff tomorrow and then see what the weather looks like for the weekend.

Dubuque Veterans Memorial Park, ably guided by BuiltTooLong. Very fun course, and thanks for the tour guide services!

Nubbs Nine - also fun, despite some future lawsuit holes (throwing OVER a pavilion, etc.).

I was sad to drive by Veterans Hills and Justin Trails in the impending darkness. Oh well. The unglaciated part of Wisconsin is quite lovely.

Probably family stuff tomorrow and then see what the weather looks like for the weekend.

Hope you packed your winter gear, looks like a chilly weekend here in Minneapolis. Saturday high of 30 with 10+ mph winds. Similar high for Sunday but without the wind. It has been a pretty nice fall, now it looks like we are easing into winter...

Hope you packed your winter gear, looks like a chilly weekend here in Minneapolis. Saturday high of 30 with 10+ mph winds. Similar high for Sunday but without the wind. It has been a pretty nice fall, now it looks like we are easing into winter...

Thanks for the warning! I did check out the weather beforehand and packed some layers, but I expect a 40-degree drop in temperature to be a bit of a shock. Just have to keep it moving to stay warm I guess.

Looks like a family dinner on Sunday, so Minneapolis-St. Paul will be scaled back to a day trip on Saturday. I know at least one person is not available until Sunday, so apologies for that.

Probably just stay in the southeast part of the cities. Thinking Kaposia and North Valley, with Brickyard on the way back to Chippewa Falls. But I am certainly open to other suggestions.

Thanks for the warning! I did check out the weather beforehand and packed some layers, but I expect a 40-degree drop in temperature to be a bit of a shock. Just have to keep it moving to stay warm I guess.

Looks like a family dinner on Sunday, so Minneapolis-St. Paul will be scaled back to a day trip on Saturday. I know at least one person is not available until Sunday, so apologies for that.

Probably just stay in the southeast part of the cities. Thinking Kaposia and North Valley, with Brickyard on the way back to Chippewa Falls. But I am certainly open to other suggestions.

i personally would go with bethel uni and lakewood

(north) valley just got redesigned and it sucks (sorry ck)

i personally would go with bethel uni and lakewood

(north) valley just got redesigned and it sucks (sorry ck)

One of the nice things about Kaposia is that is mostly in the woods and therefore somewhat sheltered from the wind. Elm is being too harsh on the Valley. I think it's a solid 3.25 - 3.5. Could be subconscious bias having played the various layouts in the park for 15 years now. Or could be that it doesn't always meet Elm's favorite course design element "trees in fairway" :)

Can't go wrong with either option though.

Both options are solid. Kaposia and the Valley would be closer coming from Chippewa Falls too. Might make the most sense as far as daylight.

I haven't played North Valley yet. Out of the other 3 I'd rank them.

Bethel
Kaposia
Lakewood

Latest posts