• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Wizard/magic gateway craze

just switched form 12x KC pro's. and i have fallen in love them. love how you get the stiffness you want in any mold. SSS is what i am throwing. would love to try a Chalky one.

If you want a chalky SSS you'll probably have to find one at Gotta Go Gotta Throw. The new chalky runs like those on Marshall Street are quite a bit stiffer and not as grippy in my opinion. Still nice, but the pale orange ones from older runs are awesomely grippy. Pale orange below is SSS and pinkish orange below is stiffer, newer run.

image-1_zps02e76187.jpg

image-1_zps59b12139.jpg

I have 2 of the newer runs, they feel more eraser like than chalky IMO. Regardless, they have kicked out my OG's and Nikko wizards. I throw about ten different wizards and they have the best feel in the cold. But I have yet to get my hands on one of the true chalky ones.

I have 2 of the newer runs, they feel more eraser like than chalky IMO. Regardless, they have kicked out my OG's and Nikko wizards. I throw about ten different wizards and they have the best feel in the cold. But I have yet to get my hands on one of the true chalky ones.

The earlier runs are softer, a little more "chalky" feeling, and are a little flatter.

that's where it's at. i think notroman mentioned a while ago about cycling putting wizards every 6 months, i'm gonna give that a shot this year. i have 2 identical soft wizards that i've been using for putts and tee shots and they're beating up faster than i'd like.

I do it every year. I just pick out a fresh batch either late fall or early spring to serve as my main putter for the upcoming season.

i just ordered a RFF warlock

(I also have evo? glow voodoo for night play)
(and use sss magics for inside the circle)

my questions are:
1) how many people here use/carry RFF?
2)what do you use the RFF for?
(driving off the tee, all up shots, specialty side hill upshots, putting inside the circle)

anyone else?

Just got a pair of RFFs in the Wizard. I love that blend for putting when there is ice and snow. Fall and summer....it will probably sit on the shelf.

I have an rff wizard and an rff magic. I use my wizard inside the circle and for close hyzer shots. Not a big fan of the magic yet. I LOVE the feel of my wizard.

If you want a chalky SSS you'll probably have to find one at Gotta Go Gotta Throw. The new chalky runs like those on Marshall Street are quite a bit stiffer and not as grippy in my opinion. Still nice, but the pale orange ones from older runs are awesomely grippy. Pale orange below is SSS and pinkish orange below is stiffer, newer run.

image-1_zps02e76187.jpg

image-1_zps59b12139.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I will checking that out soon.

My Eraser Wizards came in and they are beautiful. Just the firmness and grip i needed that KC Aviars didn't have.

New stamp. I wish i had both stamps one of the local pros has a few with the old stamp i might get off of him.

Latest posts