• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Wizard or Judge?

DiscNutt123

Double Eagle Member
Im thinking about ditching the KC Pro Aviars since the ones I like are starting to go up in price drastically. I definitely want something with a bead, so naturally I'm going to pick between the two most popular, the Wizard and Judge. So convince me one way or another. Thanks.

Im thinking about ditching the KC Pro Aviars since the ones I like are starting to go up in price drastically. I definitely want something with a bead, so naturally I'm going to pick between the two most popular, the Wizard and Judge. So convince me one way or another. Thanks.

The Wizard is available in a LOT more plastics and levels of firmness/softness.

I got both of them a couple days ago (both in soft plastic). They are lots of fun.

The wizard is much deeper than the judge. The height and overall feel is comparable to the KC aviar, whereas the judge is nowhere close. The wizard likes to glide, which pleases me greatly. If I could only have one between the two I would go with the wizard no hesitation.

Personally, I'm a huge Dart fan. I find that I get greater putting distance with the same amount of effort compared to the Wizard. From what I've seen, the Judge is more like a Dart than an Aviar.

Last edited:
I throw a judge but im familier with wizards. Judge id say is a smaller profile and a little faster. Just depends what your looking for. Some people like bigger/more bulbous profiles:) Judge is for me. I throw hard and fuzion for longer 50-200ft shots and soft for shorter putts.

The Wizard is available in a LOT more plastics and levels of firmness/softness.

This could be viewed as a positive or a negative. If you want easily-obtainable consistency, then Gateway's variety could be a headache. If you're okay with searching, than you're liable to find a plastic that's right for you.

I'm am totally in love with my RFF Wizards.

I've never held an RFF, but I'm curious. Just how floppy are they? Can you compare them to a Soft Magnet, or Vibram's Medium X-Link?

This is going to be for putting only. I've got my throwing putters set (Mercy/P2/Sinus).

why not try them both and let them decide it for you? they are both great putters, and both should be easy to trade or sell off if they dont work.

in the circle i would see no difference between these besides feel. As stated there are many flavors of wizards, 2 flavors of the judge.

these are easily two of the better putters out right now. the wizard is a staple in the game and the judge may get there in time as well.

Go with te wizard, after all the judge is a copy of it

They're very different discs.

I like the judge for putting because it doesn't want to fade. If I throw it level it goes level (unless I weaksauce it).

As for consistency I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here that Gateway can match discs, like you mail them one you like and they mail you back more like it. I'm not a gateway company rep so don't take my vague memory as gospel truth.

quick edit another advantage of the judge is if you make a great putt you can yell "JUDGEMENT IS UPON YOU!!!"

I putted with a Wizard when I first started, so I don't remember much about it and my style has changed a ton. I think I'll really like it though if its got a deeper rim like the KC Pro Aviars.

You spelled "D-line P2" wrong twice. :) but seriously, Go with Wizards they are cheaper and straighter than Judges.

Just buy both and see what you like. Putters are cheap and you shouldn't have problems unloading either after you decide. Putters really vary player to player...especially when it comes to feel in your hand. Neither is better than the other, one just may be better for you.

You spelled "D-line P2" wrong twice. :) but seriously, Go with Wizards they are cheaper and straighter than Judges.

Haha I love my P2 for a beefy upshot putter, but wasn't a fan putting with them. Wanted to fade out too quickly.

The Wiz is very similar to the KC Aviar.

If the Ion didn't exist, I'd putt with nothing but Wizards.

Some silliness abound. Wizards go straighter and glide more than the Judge? Newp. Both great putters though I suggest trying both.

Can't go wrong with the Wizard. I've used Wizards for a long time and tried the Judge. It seemed to have a little less fade than the Wizard which was nice in some situations. I do like being able to handle a bunch of Wizards and find that sweet feeling one. At the same time, that can be a bit of a pain because they each have their own personality and it is hard to find a replica sometimes. Eventually I started using the Judge outside the circle but then it eventually gave way to my beat Wizard. I do still keep it for lazer straight shots off the tee.

Awesome! I've never found a wizard I didn't like. Good luck with your new collection :)

Latest posts