• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wizard v. Ridge for distance putting.

wiz or ridge

• Total voters
Wizard all day, everyday, for everything. I would not drive with anything from vibram, their glide is horrible like everyone says. I wouldn't mind it for putting and the grip is nice. But wizards just perform better imho.

My Ridge is a really nice putting putter b/c the poor glide, like lobbing a rock into the basket almost but unfortunately it almost hurts to approach with it, its glide is so poor. A beat Wizard is much more effortless to drive and approach with IMO. Ions are still king though. ;)

Haven't thrown a ridge but i do love my wizards for everything: off the tee, long approaches, and putting along with the occasional I want to make sure I'm in the fairway shot no matter how long the hole is.

But I just got an Ion so that might take away from the wizard for some of the distance shots

Both are great for this exact type of shot, use whatever you like. If it's a hyzer line I use something less stable and control it with the hyzer angle instead i like Ions and Voodoos for that purpose. Sank one from 85' yesterday doing exactly this with an eraser voodoo.

\/\/

wizards are good. i have one thats really beat up used for touch putts and long runs at the basket and inside the circle, a one thats semi-beat used for jump putts and short approaches, and one in evo plastic for stable long upshots. the wizard can cover all the bases within 200 feet.

I had trouble finding identical feeling SS wizards but I switched to organic mediums and they have a great feel and are VERY consistent from disc to disc.

57 people on DGCR show they have a Ridge in the bag.

There are nearly 1000 people with Wizards.

I think I know how this poll is going to turn out already.

I can get some really good distance (glide) from my ridge and carve most lines I'm looking for... it's hard because I've thrown a hpp voodoo for so long and I love it, but the wizard I was throwing the other day was nice....
ugh, I don't know what to do now.

you know what to do. keep the ridges and sell me your hpp voodoos. :thmbup::thmbup:

Wizard all day, everyday, for everything. I would not drive with anything from vibram, their glide is horrible like everyone says. I wouldn't mind it for putting and the grip is nice. But wizards just perform better imho.

actually, summits have quite good glide, and this is coming from a voodoo guy.

Hey, I'm a Ridge thrower from just outside the circle out to maybe 100', VP inside the circle, and I have never owned a Gateway putter, none of them ever felt good to me, but still, its this;
outnumbered.jpg
\

i used to throw wizards and magics....

Ridge for over a year, havent looked back...

Give me more shoes to throw!!!