• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Wizards

Above the wizards staff on the stamp there are little divots actually in the disc that I noticed could be used for thumb grip. Wondered if they were there for utility or just art

Wizards have a tendency to develop a clovered top as they beat up. If your new one has them...

Cant really see it from a picture, but like that little star above the staff is indented in the disc as well as the smaller pock marks so that area feels textured to the thumb. Apparently thats not by design and must have been a hard stamp, but maybe it will help for thumb grip

The Wizard has completely changed my game. As someone said earlier, I also throw it 95% of the time 250 and in. I barely use my buzzz' anymore as I trust my wizards more. It can be tricky to find the feel u like but I personally dont have a hard time finding what I want. I love gateway for the reason most ppl dislike them. I like variety, its on u to find what's best for ur game, they just give u LOTS of choices....

They dont have glide (which I like) but some new players may hinder from the lack of glide they have when putting. Its something u have to get used to...I find them to be more predictable from the lack of glide, its like throwing a softball, goes where u tell it. Unlike a putter with lots of glide. They may have a straight path but they have loft as well, which can get quite unpredictable in unfair weather

2cents

No glide would be nice for the putter once used to it. Definitely going to go find one now.

I love wizards. Have three in my bag at all times. I have two SS (super soft) and one SSS (super stupid soft) feels like playdough. Love em.

think i want to try a ss as well. Is it me or did they just raise the price of everything by $1 at discgolfcenter.com?

Look here bf you buy new. Used are good and wore in and cheap. Average on here is about 6 to 7 bucks and that includes shipping. Just heads up.