• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Women's distance record.

The best measuring stick I've found is the Google Earth ruler. Go to a field and throw it. Come back home and measure it.

Why do I need to go to a field to throw the Google Earth ruler, when I could just measure the ruler at home without leaving?

Keen insight. However, measuring the ruler with a ruler would present the observer effect. You would introduce error in your measurement by the judgment of which is the truest gauge of distance. Far better to throw the disc and the better to throw it far.

Why do I need to go to a field to throw the Google Earth ruler, when I could just measure the ruler at home without leaving?

Keen insight. However, measuring the ruler with a ruler would present the observer effect. You would introduce error in your measurement by the judgment of which is the truest gauge of distance. Far better to throw the disc and the better to throw it far.

No. If you are in the practice field, throw the ruler. It will help you get a feel for pounding the hammer. Sidewinder can tell you more about this.

This wasn't my best, and I'll try to get a better video, it was really clear until I downloaded it to YouTube

If you have only been playing for a few year or less, it's easy to have an inconsistent day and especially just a couple of throws but you drive with more power than any female I have played with in person.

I would definately recommend that you shore up the last few, finer 'points' before ingraining less than ideal muscle memory any deeper into your brain. Learning is often delayed by what we have to unlearn.

Kudos and keep at it! :clap:

Regardless of actual distance you look like an up and comer and we certainly need more women in this sport so welcome and keep up the good work.

How many FPO players are legitimately throwing 400+ on course?

How many FPO players are legitimately throwing 400+ on course?

The KCWO Final 9 (this year I think) with both genders in the final grouping- first hole and Catrina is the only one who drives near the circle...

Found it, 405 to the pin and she seems to be about 380, starts at 2:50. So her, kinda, and I wouldn't doubt that PP can get there and has in tourny play but this is the only one that came to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qba4VoAmMMw

Welcome to the community Hixon! If you're interested in seeing how you might competitive you might be against today's FPO field in distance goes I can help accommodate. We have at least 500' of open flat ground down at Pier Park (and virtually unlimited at Blue Lake) and I have a 400' measuring tape that is undeniably accurate. On top of that, there are a few incredibly helpful local female open players that are always looking for new faces to talk disc golf with. Regardless, its good to see new talent in what is becoming quite a crowded seen here in Portland.

Best of luck harnessing your abilities on and off the course!

It doesn't appear from the height that it could have went close to 450. It's really hard to tell with the angle and without a hole #, tee sign and disc landing shot.

After playing with Paige Pierce for 2 years now almost every weekend, I'm familiar with what big distance shots look like. If you're throwing 450+, you need to enter some tournaments and do some impressing.

It's a shame you didn't play in the World Championships this year in Portland.

Where is the video of the OP throwing?

I looked back thru the thread and could not find it...is it not in here or am I dumb?

I
After playing with Paige Pierce for 2 years now almost every weekend, I'm familiar with what big distance shots look like. If you're throwing 450+, you need to enter some tournaments and do some impressing.

I know she crushes drives, what is her typical distance on open golf lines?

Looks more like 325. Hard to tell with that video and landscape. I've seen 500, 600, 700, and 800 foot drives (Lizotte at the GBO this year). That was nowhere near any line for max distance.

I'd encourage the OG to get better video, capture it in landscape mode, and go to a HS football field to put this to rest. And kudos to her for giving herself a goal.

One of my best ever throws in a real distance contest went over 560 feet (state record for a couple of years too!) as a line-drive type flight that never got more than 15 feet off the ground. Just because it doesn't look like some of the big throws you've seen doesn't mean it didn't happen like the op says.

One of my best ever throws in a real distance contest went over 560 feet (state record for a couple of years too!) as a line-drive type flight that never got more than 15 feet off the ground. Just because it doesn't look like some of the big throws you've seen doesn't mean it didn't happen like the op says.

This ^

Latest posts