• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Won my first tourny today!!!!

I finished in 3rd,4th and 5th place playing AM2 this year in un-sanctioned tournaments. I finished 4th and 5th this summer playing AM3 in PDGA events. I think my PDGA rating is like 930ish.

Congrats on the win.

I played in my first sanctioned tournament May of last year, which was 6 months after starting to play. It was at the course I had played the most, which I figured would lessen the likelihood of embarrassing myself. I played rec because I figured that was the appropriate place to start.

In the end I did want to hide my head, but not for the reason I expected - I won by 6 throws (would have won intermediate and placed 2nd in advanced), had my first ever ace (won a $150 ace pot), and shot a 985 rated round. Most of the locals know me through my son, who has been playing for several years, and understood I didn't know any better, so I only heard a few "bagger" taunts when my name was called (yes, I deserved them).

Needless to say, it was my only tournament in rec. These days, I play advanced masters with the rest of the old men....

Nice intro for him- I took the "shoot the worst round ever shot on that course just because you let the word tournament get in your head" route;)