• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] wooded holes

My first month or two playing I bought a Blowfly and a Blowfly II specifically for wooded holes, as well as putting. After trying for a while I quit using them to putt--kept overthrowing because glide so well--but they have been great for when in the woods or on hills. They hardly ricochet or roll. The last few rounds I have been using the II more and more...it seems to be fly like a shorter range Buzzz and may become my primary short approach disc. I would recommend trying one or both.

Otherwise, Axis and Vector, depending on the shot, Star Dart, Star Leopard, Z Comet, or Anode.

As I'm sure it's already been said, but it depends. My go to discs are: Valkyrie, Vision, River, Teebird, TL, Roc, Classic Roc, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, and my APX Swirl.

Anything can see use depending on doglegs or how far off the fairway I am on my 2nd shot. When I'm trying to stay ON the fairway, Magic, Pure, Stingray hyzerflip, S-FD, River, and my GL Saint is my longest straight shooter, hands down.

It used to ALWAYS be my beat in DX Teebird... but I've recently lost it. So now, I guess it'd have to be my beat Raven.

i think my problem is i try to rip every hole in the woods even if its tight i need to try that valk in the woods i hardly ever use that thing

Out of my bag
Backhand---ESP/FLX Surge, C Valk, Z Buzzz, R-P Dart, Gumbputt
Forehand---S Orc, S Firebird, Z Buzzz

Lace for distance(if I hit a tree it just drops, doesn't kick into the brush), River, Buzz, Meteor. Summit for short dogleg lefts. On a Backhand Drive it rolls over mid flight but instead of skipping it digs in and cuts back left. Makes me feel kinda special every time, like I'm using my mind powers.