• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World Record! Help us and the Parks department w/ costs and improvement in Illinois

joedunc

Since starting the sport over 2 years ago, I've been amazed by everyone I've met. I was so inspired that I joined up with some other golfers and we've had a club going for almost a year now. Our club focuses on improving parks, working on new disc golf course installations, and giving back to the disc golf community. The world record part?

We are making an attempt at a Guinness World Record "Most disc golf holes played in 24 hours"! We are hoping to increase awareness of the sport, help the local parks department, and get more people interested. We are doing more than just the attempt, we have disc golf education booths setup with a huge list of volunteers. To help our club with it's objective of spreading the sport as well as the Coloma Park District and costs associated with the attempt, please see our indiegogo link below, it's a short video describing a little about us.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-record-attempt-most-disc-golf-holes-played-in-24-hours-fundraiser

Also feel free to checkout our facebook page at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249129155233256/

Thanks for your time, may the course be with you! (And no more snow)

DISC GOLF!!

Thank you for viewing. Please share our indiegogo link to support our mission. We truly believe we will get out there and establish a new record to be beat. We want people to take notice of the sport and wonderful community that comes with it. We feel the exposure can offer an opportunity to raise financial support for Coloma Township Parks Dept and for park improvements and growth of the sport in our local area of Chicago.

Ok I got it... you should both schedule for the same weekend... then we can get real time updates here to see who is where! Like a race...

Or...
Joe could move his to one day before Cody's. That way he'll stay in the record book longer... for Shortest stint as a World's Record Holder.

I'm attempting it two weeks later. What course will this be at?

I had heard about this! It's a great feat. We are doing in at Nim's Park in Rock Falls, IL. It's listed here, so you can check it out. What course are you attempting at? It's a big feat, and both of us should raise some awareness around the sport!

DISC GOLF!!

It will be a great time and I personally am looking forward to it along with Joe. I am sure Cody will do great and will possibly take down what ever record we are lucky enough to post. Mike Sale already has a very impressive record laid out that will be insanely tough for anyone to beat. I think the most important thing is we raise awareness and do this great sport justice by showing people why it is we care so much to even do something like this in the first place. Our old asses are going to give it hell!

Ok I got it... you should both schedule for the same weekend... then we can get real time updates here to see who is where! Like a race...

LOL 1978, that is hilarious. It would sure be fun and motivating to do that. It took almost a year of planning for us to get permission from town, plan events, etc, so we couldn't move ours even if we wanted to.

Question about your record attempt. Will both of you guys be attempting to break this on the same day?You say both of you will be attempting this, so how will that work?

Question about your record attempt. Will both of you guys be attempting to break this on the same day?You say both of you will be attempting this, so how will that work?

We are both doing a simultaneous individual attempt. Meaning we will both be attempting the same record at the same time on the same course. We have worked in this technique of playing alongside each other and feel we can both work to play equal amount of holes. We have a set goal in mind we would like to reach. If either of us falter the hope is the other will be able to keep rolling. We are not in our 20's anymore but feel we will give this a fair shake non the less.

Good luck to you my friend. I really appreciate what you are doing for this sport and for your charity cause. I hope more people step up and make this attempt!

Gearing up for this awesome event! I will be helping to organize the volunteers. If anyone wants to come out to help caddy for the guys attempting the record, shoot some video, take score, or help out in any way pm me please. The more people we have the better chance the guys have at beating the record and promoting the sport. If you are not in the northern Illinois area you can help out by donating to our Indiegogo fundraiser. (linked on previous post)
Thanks, and DISC GOLF!