• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's who will take it?

I like the dark horse pick of Steve Brinster ... gotta pull for the best player in the NY/NJ/New England region ...

Who wouldn't watch a Masters Final 9 of Kenny, Barry, and any two of the following: JohnE, Moser, Arthur, Yeti, Pat Brown, Baldwin ... that would be great to watch ...

My top 4 final 9 picks:
Doss
Schusterick
Brinster
Johansen

Last edited:
Schusterick
Feldberg
MJ
Doss
Mcbeth

Arther
Schultz

Sarah
Sarah
Allen

I hate to do it but have to go against McBeth and Locastro based on injuries. McBeth had a super heavy wrapped knee at the Minnesota Majestic and in recent tourneys he has had at least one round that was super subpar like Beaver State Fling and the week after majestic in the 960 rating wise. If you have 1 rd like that at worlds it is over. Nikko had back issues a while back, tried playing through and hurt himself again. Bottom line is I doubt his durability for a week of unreal golf.

Gotta go with this as a guess
1. Michael Johansen
2. Nate Doss
3. Dave Feldberg
4. Will Schusterick
5. Steve Brinster

Women's Open
1.Catrina Allen
2. Sarah Cunningham
3. Paige Pierce
4. Sarah Hokum
5. Val Jenkins

Wooded courses just don't cater to the Jenkins clan too well.

Didn't they play Renny and Bradford for the Clash? Who won that? I'll go look it up... I think MJ was top 5 right?

..yeah MJ was third, one stroke behind Doss. Wysocki won.

Problem with this scenario is other than the locals only 2 touring top guns showed up and one of em edged out mj. You have to go back to the 2010 Clash to get a field close to worlds and it was feldy, Nikko, and climo in the top 3 spots. Mj was close a close 4th plus only a few throws back so he def has a punchers chance and would be cool to see.

The weather here is brutal this time of year, and I have to believe that the ability to deal with the heat will play into the hands of the younger players.
At any rate, I'll be there spectating from Wenesday or Thursday thru Sunday, so I'm hoping for a Open lead card with:
Wysocki
Will
MJ
Feldy the fitness nut.
Doss

Masters Lead Card:
Barry
Kenny
Phil A.
Local (non-NorCal) dark horse

Remember that Wysocki won the PDGA Championship less than a year ago at the IDGC on 100% wooded courses. So he's got the accuracy and putting. Can he maintain it for 7.5 rounds?

I don't see Doss in the the top 5 this year. He just isn't the same Doss this year for some reason. I think Schusterick has a great chance, but always have to look out for MJ and Schwerberger(sp?) in the area. That being said, here is goes:

MPO:
Schusterick
Wysocki
MJ
Colglazier
Mcbeth

FPO
Allen
Pierce
Jenkins

im seeing a new name(will) on signature rocs and a catrina allen signature magnet in the future.

Remember that Wysocki won the PDGA Championship less than a year ago at the IDGC on 100% wooded courses. So he's got the accuracy and putting. Can he maintain it for 7.5 rounds?

Also, I heard that he had moved to Charlotte, so he knows these courses. Almost a local.
My money is on Wysocki. The biggest negative is his relative inexperience. Can he maintain it for 5 days?
He's young, fearless, and he's proven he can beat the big boys under pressure.

Top 5 in MPO:
Schusterick
Feldberg
MJ
Jerm
Doss

With Schusterick taking it.

Top 4 in FPO:
Sarah Stanhope Cunningham
Catrina Allen
Sarah Hokum
Paige Pierce

With Cunningham taking it.

I wouldn't overlook Elaine King making the finals having dropped back into Open from GM this year.

I know I continue harping on this, but Elaine has moved to Durham, NC. Maybe an hour from Charlotte. She's been playing tourneys all over NC and beating a lot of men. That's right, she's been competing in Men's divisions, and beating quite a few. She wants another Open title badly.

People not including MJ on their list just don't get it.

MJ is very much in contention and is my favorite to win

Johanson
Doss
Mcbeth
Big Jerm
Wisocki yea I butchered the name