• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Conditions Played

half an inch of snow all over the course and temps were high 30s

but still trying to go in deeper snow but might not get it in Salt Lake this year

In the other direction.....

About July 2006 a tournament was held at the (late) Still Waters Farm in Govan, SC. Temperature and humidity were both pushing 100, and large stretches of this 10,000 course were shadeless. It was almost scary. I drank 4 32-ounce gatorades without ever peeing.

Ice Bowl, Jan. of '05 i believe, Columbia, MO played 2 rounds in 2 inches+ of snow, ice under that, and temps of about 20 degrees...my ass was black and blue from falling about a dozen times throughout the round...good times!

I guess being from TX I can't impress anyone with a 22 degree, 30 mph windy day.

So how about 103 degrees and 80-90% humidity. You don't get brutality like that in the north.

So far 20 degrees, windy, a foot of snow on the ground with snow falling hard enough to cover discs within minutes and visibility short of 200ft. In fact one of my discs was lost but would never trade the experience for a summer day.

I would much rather play in 20 degree weather with snow on the ground than 40 degree weather while its raining. Thats the worst.

I would much rather play in 20 degree weather with snow on the ground than 40 degree weather while its raining. Thats the worst.

Been there done that. That cold rain like that freezes you up in no time. You get wet then you are cold. In the snow, as long as it doesn't get on your skin and melt, then you should be good.

Amen to that!!! Rain blows when it comes to discin'. At least if its snowing your usually dressed for the cold. Wet discs, feet, clothes, and smokes make for a sh!tty round.

I can't really complain. I've played in the rain a few times but I don't have to deal with blizzards and tornadoes like some of you do.

Did you play the Coyote Classic in 2007? Remember that round when it was blowing like 30-40mph with gusts over 50?

I played in 10*F during a semi-blizzard once.

Played Milo and Timber Park in Estacada, OR this past December, it was upper 30s, raining, with a steady wind. Probably the most miserable I've been on a course. Much worse than snow....

Torrential rain at Basil Marella in Rochester. wouldnt have played in it, but i saw two other guys who had just been playing at the farm (as had i). anyway. rain so hard that one of the other guys literally was swept away by the stream that intersects the course. (usually just a stream but then it was three feet of water moving real fast.) one of the funnier things i have seen along with extreme discgolf.

Carrollton Open two years ago in Hurrican Ike

Played in a tropical storm one year in Rockledge Fl, 40 mph sustained winds with gusts topping 65 mph, and rainfall that would make taking a shower seem dry. Overstable didn't exist that day, and the only way to keep your discs dry was to leave them in the car.

my worst condition

i usually never tryed to go out on bad days but the worst ive ever been out is during the rain and it was flooded pretty bad. other than that the runner up for worst conditions played will probably be tomorrow morning. 1/2 foot of snow and 20 degreess. oh well its not too bad

One time I played at 8AM and it was 58 degrees. It did warm up though, it was about 70 by 9AM.

Played a round Sunday afternoon at my home course.
Raining, @ 40 degrees, and the wind was gusting around 30 - 35 mph.
A good time WAS NOT had by all...