• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Driver Ever

Wosrt disc ever

• Total voters
Why is the Groove not up there?!?!?!?!?.....about three times.

Its weird, I bought a groove and got a preset meathook of a disc. I'm not a power thrower, yet I can put something resembling a line on a boss where my groove nose dives hard left. Turns out it makes a great trouble disc at max weight: tomahawks, spikes or just plain blasting through brush. I also use it for the occasional forehand shot. In these roles, it's survived several disc transitions in my 6 disc bag. I might classify it as misunderstood, rather than poor in my experience.

K.

Disc was completely inconsistant.
Some understable, some stable, some even -- as you say -- boss like.

Not that it doesn't fly, I had a few killer bombs with mine, but what it was rated and "supposed" to doing in the air.....it doesn't do. At least not on a regular, CONSTISTANT, basis.

Was also supposed to give "noodle arms" more distance because of the -2. Good luck. They're pretty stable-overstable in most cases.

Last edited:
Its weird, I bought a groove and got a preset meathook of a disc. I'm not a power thrower, yet I can put something resembling a line on a boss where my groove nose dives hard left. Turns out it makes a great trouble disc at max weight: tomahawks, spikes or just plain blasting through brush. I also use it for the occasional forehand shot. In these roles, it's survived several disc transitions in my 6 disc bag. I might classify it as misunderstood, rather than poor in my experience.

K.
And the one I had flew like a stable Pro Katana, except without the glide and was incredibly nose angle sensitive. The Groove is a bad disc because it's difficult to find two that fly the same, they're all over the stability range more than any other disc Innova produces. (Well, maybe apart from the ArchAngel, most are flippy like no other, but some are Banshee stable...)

Disc was completely inconsistant.
Some understable, some stable, some even -- as you say -- boss like.

Not that it doesn't fly, I had a few killer bombs with mine, but what it was rated and "supposed" to doing in the air.....it doesn't do. At least not on a regular, CONSTISTANT, basis.

Was also supposed to give "noodle arms" more distance because of the -2. Good luck. They're pretty stable-overstable in most cases.

I see. Well, we can add my copy to the 'not as advertised' pile I suppose. In that vein, I'll need to keep my eyes open for a trouble disc replacement in case something tragic befalls my copy, lest I throw the dice at the groove table.

With regards to the OP, as I transitioned from casual frisbee golf into actual DG, I had a Wham-O maxflight. It has a mold like a DG driver, with a plastic window in the middle that's actually a separate (and break-off-able) piece, albiet mine still clings to life. The surface embellishments only seem to serve to completely randomize it's aerodynamics. I'm not sure they produced it to serve as an actual DG disc, but the influence says they gave it some thought. I keep it for memories sake.

maxflight.gif

Thread title: Worst Driver Ever
The first two discs mentioned in this thread were the Buzzz and Aviar.

In the same vein, I would like to say that the worst pickup truck ever is the Chevy Corvette.

Technically, the thread title is Worst Driver Ever but the poll's title is Wosrt [sic] Disc Ever so I guess anything goes in DGCR back in 2010 or whatever. :\

Can't believe the Cheetah is mentioned, that's shameful. Honestly, Epic has a singular purpose (ridiculous overhands) which should take it out of the running too.

Epics are fun. It's not particularly useful most of the time, but entertaining.

I could throw one 400 before I could hit 250 BH. No idea where any of them would end up though.

Epics are fun. It's not particularly useful most of the time, but entertaining.

I could throw one 400 before I could hit 250 BH. No idea where any of them would end up though.

Have you seen the lefty throw them in the Little River tourney video? It's quite a sight.

Thread title: Worst Driver Ever
The first two discs mentioned in this thread were the Buzzz and Aviar.

In the same vein, I would like to say that the worst pickup truck ever is the Chevy Corvette.

Well have you ever tried to haul a load of firewood in a Corvette? It really sucks at it.

Have you seen the lefty throw them in the Little River tourney video? It's quite a sight.

This is the first video I've ever seen with a skilled player throwing Epics. Pretty entertaining, actually.