• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would a dye like this be possible?

ManOnTheDoor

I just had my second child on the 30th of September - problem is, that's 8 weeks too early. He's doing well in the NICU, but still has a road ahead of him. My question is, I'd like to scan in the hand prints we have of both of my kids and get them on a disc with their names. Here's a random hand print I found online - http://www.thelostones.co.nz/images/photos/trinity5.jpg

I would like to get more than just a filled in outline of their hands so some of the details show up in the hand print itself. The problems I see are: these hand prints are tiny, the level of detail I'd like to see will be very hard to make, bleeding, an so forth. I know that the areas in the image above that are lighter will be near impossible to replicate, and that's OK - I don't think I'd be looking for that kind of gradient or anything like that.

Did any of this make sense? Can it be done? If it could, I'd work up a design (or at least a concept). And to be honest, I don't remember the quality of the hand prints that we have - I'm assuming that they would be of good enough quality to do this...

Place their hand on a flatbed scanner and try to get them to hold still for 10 seconds while you get a high res scan going. You might have a little luck that way.

definitely can be done!
I would recommend using photoshop to take your current images and make them into something that is workable and that you feel comfortable with. You'll definitely lose the gradients and stuff like that, but you can still get a very recognizable and unique print for each of your children. Just take your time with it and you can avoid bleeding no problem (to really make sure I would suggest using a star innova opposed to anything disccraft as some of their stamps are just so deep)

Anything can be done... and we've been asked to do this kind of thing once before. Whoever you have do it for you, I know that a story like that will make them try their best to make it right.

9/30 is a great day to be born... I am sure things will find a way to work out.

Handprints are definitely doable. I have a Champ Destroyer Destroyer with my hand print on it. I dyed all of the disc black except my handprint in the middle which is see through bright green. Makes the hand really pop.

hand.png

Yeah it's definitely possible. I took your example and created a Vector.

Great! Now I just have to see if I can find the fancy birth certificate for my first born.

congrats! my son was also born on the 30th of september 6 weeks early. 5lbs 2oz. He is 2 now, still small for his age but a great, well developed, healthy boy! Congratulations again.

Latest posts