• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would I still have a place for it?

Dtrain22

...a Star TL. I have always wanted one. I get my teebirds, orc, and valk all to approx. 300ft give or take depending. Most accurate with my valk.

Unless I just wanted to and had the extra money is there a spot for a TL in my bag?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I'd say yes, although I'd get rid of the Orc and you might find you like the TL more than the Valk at that distance.

My 170 star TL is my go to disc for that distance. Holds its line and there isn't any fade on the end. Very accurate. Everyone has their favorites, and it's my security blanket. I'd be lost without it.

I am still working on my Star TL. I have had it for a few months but havent thrown it much and thus still needs a little more beating. A pretty straight driver it is turning out to be.

...a Star TL. I have always wanted one. I get my teebirds, orc, and valk all to approx. 300ft give or take depending. Most accurate with my valk.

Unless I just wanted to and had the extra money is there a spot for a TL in my bag?

Thanks guys!

well a TL is right in between a valk and teebird. i dont think its really gonna enhance anything or improve your driver set up. too me it seems like you dont have anything for headwind drives...i would buy a Firebird, predator, or FL over buying a TL.

The TL is not about distance but about accuracy. I carry 1-2 every round. Get one they are great for long tunnel shots.

Thanks for everything so far! Sounds like I could use a TL somewhere in there. And yeah, I do need a good headwind driver. I have a 165g pearly champ starfire...haven't thrown it yet. Should I go with it as my windy day driver or should I grab a Firebird/FL/Pred?

A starfire is fairly stable, so depending on your style/power it may be enough to work in the wind for you. Best way to find out, one day while it is windy, go to an open area to try it out. You need a stable disc for a headwind, so try it out that way. For a tail wind, you need something less stable...this is where your Valk, or the TL, may be your better choice. If you find that your starfire still flips in a headwind, this is where you may want to go to a Firebird, or something more stable.

well a TL is right in between a valk and teebird. i dont think its really gonna enhance anything or improve your driver set up. too me it seems like you dont have anything for headwind drives...i would buy a Firebird, predator, or FL over buying a TL.

I would agree with this. I actually traded my TL because I didnt have much use for it with the Teebird there and whatever I might be carrying for more understable.

You could, however; if you like a more minimlaist approach, have it take the place of the Teebird and your Valk, although a Valk is capable of a lot more distance IMO.

it would depend on your course and playing style.

The plusses of the TL are also it's minuses...
Plusses - Straight and accurate to a fault.
Minuses - Straight and accurate to a fault

in essence it only really has 1 purpose.

For me, i've found that i keep an Eagle, TeeBird and TL in my collection and use whichever is most suited for what i need.The 3 are very similar but very different in the same.

If you need a disc that is straight with little fade, then you might be able to use the TL. I prefer the TL over the Teebird.

Thanks for all of the responses so far! Learned a lot. I've never stopped to think on windy days that a different disc would help and almost every drive I have is on the understable side of the charts so I will look into a FL or Firebird and try to get used to my Starfire. I'm thinking about letting a TL kinda of take the spot of my teebirds and orc. might have to stay with the valk, it does so well for me.

just outta curiosity what mid(s) would be worth getting rid of, if any?
-Star Mako 176
-ESP FLX Buzzz 171
-Star Coyote 175
-Z Comet 173
-First Run DX beat Skeeter 17-
-Star Cro 174

Guess this is threadjacking myself...however it is also about maybe making room for a TL.

thanks guys!

Thanks for all of the responses so far! Learned a lot. I've never stopped to think on windy days that a different disc would help and almost every drive I have is on the understable side of the charts so I will look into a FL or Firebird and try to get used to my Starfire. I'm thinking about letting a TL kinda of take the spot of my teebirds and orc. might have to stay with the valk, it does so well for me.

just outta curiosity what mid(s) would be worth getting rid of, if any?
-Star Mako 176
-ESP FLX Buzzz 171
-Star Coyote 175
-Z Comet 173
-First Run DX beat Skeeter 17-
-Star Cro 174

Guess this is threadjacking myself...however it is also about maybe making room for a TL.

thanks guys!

I'd say the Coyote, Comet, and Skeeter all overlap a lot and even maybe the Mako. Maybe pick one of these and try to use it as your understable mid and get rid of the rest. I'd say keep the buzzz and cro though, as they will give you a whole arsenal of shots.

Latest posts