• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Would like to try out a one company bag.

Discmania and Latitude both have a large lineup, so a one-brand bag is easier with them.

I think you should buck all the trends and go Millennium.

Keltik beat me to it.

MVP isn't a trend. MVP is a way of life.
If you want to be the most valuable player, go with Maple Valley Discs.

If i was going to convert to one company i would either go Latitude or prodigy but that is because i'm going for function if you are trying to make a fun one company bag why not go completely off the norm and choose prodiscus?

Lightning... they even came out with a high speed driver recently... just saying! But in all seriousness, their plastic is uber grippy and as you cycle through discs you can conform to just a few molds with various stages of stability. On top of that, how cool would it be start turning heads with lightning discs?

Last edited:
Discmania, Lat64, and MVP would all be solid choices.

But I recommend Vibram. The grip alone makes it worth throwing their discs. Plus their line up is pretty well fleshed out, and once the R420 and R419 are released I believe they will have a "complete" line up available. But seriously the grip, especially in adverse weather, is amazing. It is the only reason I throw all Vibram. There are some slightly better flight paths out there for me, but I am addicted to the Vibram grip.

Also, another suggestion, just food for thought: Gateway.

Really, every major manufacturer has enough molds to make a decent (if not great) bag. Even ABC has a putter, mid, fairway, and distance driver.

The one who gets the least forum love is Gateway. All we talk about is their putters, and maybe the Element, and Apache. But, they have a full lineup as well.

I've heard that about MVP's midranges and Fairways. I'm more of a fairway guy so that sounds pretty good.

Do you know if the Clutch and the Clozer is a good 1,2 punch on putters? Rico is a pretty good putter so I would say it is designed with the putting putter in mind.

Everyone I know either likes one or the other. I don't know anybody that carries both. I know Steve Rico just did a in the bag video, and he is onlu carrying clutches

If you are a fairway guy then MVP is perfect for you. Mid and Putter line ups are great too. Discraft would also me nice to do. Pretty sure you could do well with a Lat bag. River, Riot, Fuse, etc.

Legacy - A small lineup but capable of putting together a complete bag. I loved their initial release of plastic but some of the re-blends I am not a fan of in the slightest. You may also experience issues with them getting slick when wet or cold.

MVP - I just don't like the way their discs feel in my hand...its like a little kids disc with how small it is. But I know alot of people who absolutely love them. So I have nothing bad to say besides my own mental hangups. They may be missing the fast drivers, but you don't need ot worry about that.

Lat64 - This is prehaps the most frustrating company for me. I really like their stuff but it never seems to stay in my bag. Plus find backups to some molds is really difficult cause of their PLH issues. Additionally, I think it sucks that the grand majority of their lineup is all premium plastic, I love the base plastics. But in all honesty these discs go farther than everything else, sooooo much glide! Add in Westside and DD and you have a massive amount of discs to choose from.

Discmania - Innova Europe. They have a great lineup, I do wish we had more D-line in the states though. You could easily put together a complete bag. My one gripe (which really isn't one) is that their stamps are ugly and "nicknames" are dumb. But thats what acetone is for.

Gateway - This could be really interesting. Be careful as they do have some pDGA illegal discs. They have some of the best putters, and their fairways are solid. I have not given their new midranges a test run yet. And the Inferno was the last high speed of theirs I tried. You can also get these discs super cheap direct from Gateway. I am sure if you told them you are going all gateway they might hook you up even better.

Vibram - I love the initial flight of their discs. Unfortunately after a couple of rounds they change a little (but never seem to again afterwards). They have a good lineup that should easily cover your bases. My one beef with them is the lack of solid colors in their stiffer blends.

Prodiscus - The few discs I have tried had awesome flights! Their plastic is super grippy, which is good and bad. The base plastic is amazing putter plastic but does not work for drivers, and the premium plastic is like really gummy Opto.

Why not just focus on creating a bag with all the best discs (in your opinion) and playing to your full ability... might just land you a sponsorship.. in which case then you will need to focus on playing with only one brand.

I throw all mvp, with the exception of my vibram and Pure. Why? Because it works so well.

i don't understand the hate for this idea.

OP will be having fun and experimenting, also in all likelihood learning. what's wrong with learning?

i throw primarily a lat64 GL bag right now. why? because it works and i'm learning more about the company (definitely not all positive), the plastic, how it throws, how I throw (DEFINITELY not all positive) how it wears and grips, etc. it's fun to learn.

anyway.

i vote vibram. a more fully fleshed-out lineup with more versatility that keeps you from getting bored with this little adventure. durable as all hell, in good condition for a long time if you want to sell. you know their consistency is dead-nuts perfect as far as i've heard. great company, i feel.

for what it's worth, i plan on doing something similar. i want to start building several one-manufacturer bags, get to know them extremely well, and then pick the best of each ones that work for me.

go for it. i'd suggest legacy as well; i like their under-the-radar feel compared to some of the SUPER HIGH TECH, flashy names and buzzwords thrown around lately. i think you'd get bored fast reaching for the same discs all the time, though. have an adventure!

Last edited:
Really, every major manufacturer has enough molds to make a decent (if not great) bag. Even ABC has a putter, mid, fairway, and distance driver.

The one who gets the least forum love is Gateway. All we talk about is their putters, and maybe the Element, and Apache. But, they have a full lineup as well.

Yeah I've been leaning towards Gateway myself recently, our local club runs on a shoestring and I got them to start using them for tournament stamps for our players packs because they offer great pricing on them and can do them with pretty short notice, started with some of the putters, but in the last 2 years or so they have really expanded their mid and driver line up as well. I have a Karma now in the bag which I combo with my Discraft Comet and they cover all the mid range shots I need, I have also thrown the Mystic which if I ever lose the Comet that will be it's replacement as the neutral to understable mid. Also when Altitude went out of business I got a first run HPP Slayer for like 6 dollars and it is a world class driver, flies like a Beast that's been jacked up to speed 12 or 13. Heard good things about the Illusion, Samurai, and Assassin (not sure if they still make these, haven't seen many retailers with them in stock recently, would be a shame everyone I know that has thrown one liked it) as well.

Throw what you want, if its one brand only, then go for it. If you wanna throw a mix, then go for it.

Just don't throw Prodigy :thmbup:

Thanks for all your help on this everyone.

I've decided on a company to go with. Discmania.

The reason why is I drove almost 2 hours today to go to a pro shop at this course I play at every now and again. They carry only Innova and Discmania.

I really wanted to try those TD's so I got a 168 S-Line and a C-Line. My First drive with the TD was on a 389 ft hole over the top of 3 pines at the end. The only way to shoot at it is to throw a straight shot that may or may not flip to an anhyzer or throw a big Flex Shot. I chose a Flex shot just to see how it would do. When I threw it the first words out of my mouth was "Holy Crap" and my mouth stood open as It goes over the pines then Flexes Behind the basket 25ft. Got the Bird too.

Needless to say that swayed my thoughts on which company to go with. :thmbup:

Thanks for all your help on this everyone.

I've decided on a company to go with. Discmania.

The reason why is I drove almost 2 hours today to go to a pro shop at this course I play at every now and again. They carry only Innova and Discmania.

I really wanted to try those TD's so I got a 168 S-Line and a C-Line. My First drive with the TD was on a 389 ft hole over the top of 3 pines at the end. The only way to shoot at it is to throw a straight shot that may or may not flip to an anhyzer or throw a big Flex Shot. I chose a Flex shot just to see how it would do. When I threw it the first words out of my mouth was "Holy Crap" and my mouth stood open as It goes over the pines then Flexes Behind the basket 25ft. Got the Bird too.

Needless to say that swayed my thoughts on which company to go with. :thmbup:

The TD is extremely underrated :thmbup:. I never felt like jumping through hoops to find the mystical non-plus Cs but I have a couple 168 Ss that are straight money, easy hyzer flip bombs and annies to the ground for days.

Also, I highly recommend giving the FD a shot. I never really liked the S colors but Cs are now the only fairways I use. The really flat, pearly run (2nd?) are very Teebirdish but glidier IMO, I can crush on them as hard as my C-PDs and they show almost no HSS and maybe about a 1.5-2 LSS, great in the wind. I also recently got a max weight non-pearly clear/frosty C-line with a little more dome and slightly lower PLH (definitely a different run) and it does really tight -1/1 S lines but is still pretty good in the wind.