• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Would like to try out a one company bag.

StarFirebird

Banned
I was thinking about trying a all one company bag,you know just for fun when I'm not using the one I already own.

I've used Discraft and Innova for years so let's not make any suggestions for them.

I would like to try out one of the newer companies.

Right now Legacy is on the top of my list. I thought about MVP too,but I'm still not 100% sure about them.

If you could give reasons why this company would be good to go with I would appreciate it. I don't know a whole lot about some of the newer plastics so this would help.

Let the suggestions start. :D

I am more of an MVP fan than a Legacy guy, but they are my 2 favorite companies. Mvp has no distance drivers, and Legacy has 2 great warp speed drivers. But Mvps fairways and mids are much more complete. Legacy lacks a really OS fairway, and they also only have 1 mid (but in different plastics and stages of wear, the ghost can cover most mid shots)... you can't go wrong with either

I am more of an MVP fan than a Legacy guy, but they are my 2 favorite companies. Mvp has no distance drivers, and Legacy has 2 great warp speed drivers. But Mvps fairways and mids are much more complete. Legacy lacks a really OS fairway, and they also only have 1 mid (but in different plastics and stages of wear, the ghost can cover most mid shots)... you can't go wrong with either

I've heard that about MVP's midranges and Fairways. I'm more of a fairway guy so that sounds pretty good.

Do you know if the Clutch and the Clozer is a good 1,2 punch on putters? Rico is a pretty good putter so I would say it is designed with the putting putter in mind.

I would say Vibram for two reasons. One, they have a pretty good line up already. 4 putters to covers a few styles "all of which are awesome for approach shots ". Both mids are solid as Id liken them to a Roc and Buzzz ss combo. Also the fairway and distance driver lineup are decent and they are currently working on new ones.

Reason two... if you play in the winter or in the rain then a Vibram bag is sweet. Grip is phenominal as the three rubber types offer confidence even when its in the 20's and or wet "don't know how they are colder than that...I wimped out". I guess I found myself reaching for them most of the time in bag when I wanted more confidence in my game despite weather circumstance "I live in MI" so I just made myself a bag that consist of mostly Vibram already.

I would say Vibram for two reasons. One, they have a pretty good line up already. 4 putters to covers a few styles "all of which are awesome for approach shots ". Both mids are solid as Id liken them to a Roc and Buzzz ss combo. Also the fairway and distance driver lineup are decent and they are currently working on new ones.

Reason two... if you play in the winter or in the rain then a Vibram bag is sweet. Grip is phenominal as the three rubber types offer confidence even when its in the 20's and or wet "don't know how they are colder than that...I wimped out". I guess I found myself reaching for them most of the time in bag when I wanted more confidence in my game despite weather circumstance "I live in MI" so I just made myself a bag that consist of mostly Vibram already.

I just recently threw a Lace and was pretty impressed. It didn't go as far as my Katana's but it was the straightest warp speed driver I have thrown.

I pondered them the other day too. I was thinking Vibram or Legacy. then MVP popped in my head lol

That's good to know about the weather. I'm always playing in the elements. so that is a good piece of info.

Legacy can cover a lot. The cannon and rampage is a great high speed one two. The patriot is, IMO, like a faster leopard, and the rival can cover everything but extreme overstability. The ghost flies different in different plastic and is a cyclable workhorse mid, and you're right about the clutch and clozer. Beautiful plastic as well with more discs coming soon.

Go with Latitude. They have a full lineup and their discs are downright sexy. I have an all Latitude bag simply because I like their lineup, but haven't found much use for it in my main bag.

And with Latitude, you always have the option to cheat and work in some DD or Westside as well.

I've put together several one company bags, but MVP and Legacy are two companies I haven't tried to do that yet.

Other than Innova and Discraft, I think Gateway has one of the most complete offerings. I know a lot of people don't like the Gateway drivers, but the Apache is one of my favorite drivers, hands down. For me, the Gateway mids I received were not my favorite. They were stiff like dinner plates, but I've seen softer ones. I would just be careful about ordering Gateway mids online.

Legacy has a great lineup. They're still fairly new and only have a few molds per each classification, but what they have is great. The Clutch is a modified Magnet because that's what Steve wanted. It's great to putt and great off the tee. The Rival and Patriot are the TeeBird/Eagle and Leopard competitors and look, in Pinnacle, just like the pearly 11X KC Pro runs (only in a wide array of weights). The Ghost is like a Roc and comes in many plastics.

Since most people here with push Lat and MVP on you, they do make some great molds in great plastics. For all the "Lat has great plastic" talk, I think Legacy blows them out of the water. Plus you get to support the Ricos.

Thanks for the Info so far.

I was looking at some discs earlier and it looks like a horse race between Legacy and Latitude 64.

I already carry Latitude stuff,but Legacy is just a nose ahead at the moment.

What do you guys think of Discmania?

I own 3 PD's and love them like I love Pizza. Are the other molds just as good?

Discmania has great molds as well.

The P2 is a great, deeper driving putter. The MD2 (when flat and in C-Line) is the best mid most people don't throw. The MD3 is fresh out on shelves and is getting rave reviews. The FD is well-respected as well.

There are more, but I think you should be able to find those opinions with a little searching (if you think a bunch of people - myself included - offering their favorite discs in this thread is the way to choose which plastic you try without doing any research, I feel sorry for your wallet).

The Lat/Westside/DD lineup is great. I like their discs because I think they have better grip and glide than other discs I've thrown. Plus you can find some really awesome and unique looking discs.

I was tossing an all legacy bag earlier this year. I have now went to a legacy/DD bag. I do like the prodigy midst a lot, but they aren't a staple. Mainly its

Trespass for D (love cannons, but wing is just a little to big for me to be consistent with)
Rival/Patriot/Escape Fairways
Ghost mids
Suspect/Clutch approach
Clutch putts

Legacy really has most of what you would need except for the utility stuff. Their lineup is fairly solid. The runs are decently consistent so far and I really like their plastics.

Other than Legacy, I would suggest Millennium. Sadly, they do not really have a fairway that is OS. Unless you find an old CE Exp1. I had one in their standard plastic (comparable to Innova Pro) and it broke in quickly, but was still a great disc. They have some great discs though.

Give it six months and any of the three newest companies might have a full lineup out as well (Prodigy, UB, and Salient) so there is no telling. Good luck, this bag play is always fun.

Discmania has great molds as well.

The P2 is a great, deeper driving putter. The MD2 (when flat and in C-Line) is the best mid most people don't throw. The MD3 is fresh out on shelves and is getting rave reviews. The FD is well-respected as well.

There are more, but I think you should be able to find those opinions with a little searching (if you think a bunch of people - myself included - offering their favorite discs in this thread is the way to choose which plastic you try without doing any research, I feel sorry for your wallet).

This is off the subject and pertains towards my other bag.

My Sidewinders are slowly getting taken out of the bag,I may keep them in there,but I'm not 100% sure yet.My dilemma is I think they are becoming too understable for my arm,even in newer plastic.

I like my PD so I've been looking at other Discmania stuff,something that could mainly replace my sidewinder.

What do you think about the TD? Would this be a good disc to replace my Sidewinders? I looked at the Fever and that is way too understable.

I've looked at other companies and nothing really compares to the Sidewinder like a TD would...I think.

@everyone. Thanks for the incoming info. I really appreciate it. :thmbup:

What about good old Millennium? They have a pretty solid lineup. I've thought about going all Millennium many times in the past.

What about good old Millennium? They have a pretty solid lineup. I've thought about going all Millennium many times in the past.

My buddy has a lot of millennium stuff in his bag. I'll see if he'll let me throw some of them.

Discmania and Latitude both have a large lineup, so a one-brand bag is easier with them.

I think you should buck all the trends and go Millennium.

Keltik beat me to it.

My suggestion is don't do it. You'll get labeled as a brand loyalist for your opinions which could lead to someone taking offense to your choice and then deciding to complain to the maker of those discs.